Medical Issue relating to eczema?
Create Post

Medical Issue relating to eczema?

This is urgent! Please I need someone to enlighten me that military will not DQ me for having eczema. Recently, mainly in the winter, I sometime have these rash on my skins. The problem is that i think its eczema due to the picture on Google, it looks the same. Its not like my whole body is cover in it, but mainly my thighs and my back.

The question is I'm taking the ASVAB soon, and should I tell my recruiter that I have eczema? I really wanted to join, but with this eczema I feel like they're going to DQ, because i heard they give out shots like smallpox vaccine? Need help! Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes, you should tell the recruiter that you think you have eczema. Never lie. Then you should go to a dermatologist and find out for certain. Eczema is a disqualifying condition, and the military gives out all kinds of shots, including for smallpox.

Don't try to hide the fact you have a skin condition. Even if you managed to evade the doctors at MEPS, if you have a flareup in boot camp, your DIs will see it during the nightly hygiene inspections. Then you have a fraudulent enlistment problem.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Spot on Chris.

This s***s! and I know there is no waiver for that kind. But as of now I really want to join the military, because I screw up some part in my life. Now because of some flare up skin problem I'm going to get DQ of it. Thanks guys ( Marines ).

Last edited by Rocky C; 11-01-13 at 02:20 PM.

Medical conditions have screwed up plenty of people's lives before yours and they will continue to. It's not yours or anybody else's fault. The military cannot afford to take a chance that you will not become a casualty on the battlefield. Instead of doctors and corpsmen treating your eczema, they could be treating combat injuries.

Thread Information