Not hearing from recruiter
Create Post

Not hearing from recruiter

Hello Marines,
    I am a senior in college have decided to go into the Marines after thinking on it for about a year. I have contacted an officer recruiter and handed in the questionnaire they requested. I then got a phone call saying I am qualified and etc.. I have not heard from him in over a month now. I was just wondering if it always takes long to hear back from a recruiter? would appreciate any insight

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 10-22-13 at 08:07 AM.

Find a Local Recruiting office and tell them what you have stated here, then they will ether say that i will take a bit or will kick someones butt to get the ball rolling, the local Recruiting office can point you in the right direction and will show them that you are still very much interested and want to get it going on your side..

Thanks a lot I appreciate the advice. I am going to send my OSO one more email after that going to contact a recruiting office and see what's up.

Last edited by Rocky C; 10-22-13 at 04:09 PM.

Doubt the recruiting office will be able to tell you anything. They deal with enlisted recruiting and have nothing to do with the officer side. But, you can always ask.

OSO's carry cellphones. A phone call is more personal than an e-mail and you can carry the conversation on for as long as you want to get the answers needed.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hectorcg92 View Post
    Thanks a lot I appreciate the advice. I am going to send my OSO one more email after that going to contact a recruiting office and see what's up.
    You sent your OSO an email ? That's a little impersonal besides the fact that if it's anything like your post here it's terrible for a senior in college.

Could be the reason you have not heard back.
    OSO' only want to deal with the best of the best just to get your foot in the door.

IMHO, gets squared away asap if your serious.

Best of luck.

Like mentioned above, do everything in your power to get that officer spot. Call the OSO, visit them, and bug the hell out of them.

Orrrr... You could always go enlisted prove yourself and build on your street cred as a salt dog in the fleet and later go mustang..

Then again, that's just me.

How copy?....

This post is 4 years old

Thread Information