Uniform body bag or garment bag?
Create Post

Uniform body bag or garment bag?

Good morning ladies and gentlemen! I've been trying to find the perfect uniform bag to transport my dry cleaned uniform from place to place in the easiest and most non-destructive method possible.

However, I have a dilemma regarding whether to get the "boot camp" style body bag (http://www.marineshop.net/browse.cfm...ag/4,6891.html) or the fold-able garment bag (http://www.grunt.com/bags/eagle-glob...or-garment-bag).

I remember being able to fit all my uniform in my boot camp body bag (5 sets of khaki shirts, dress blues coats, service coat, 1 dress blue trousers, 2 service trousers, however it was quite difficult to carry around as luggage.

I purchased a garment bag for my travel out of Pensacola, however I only put in my service alpha set because I didn't see anyway I can fit all my uniform in the bag.

Is there a sort of luggage equipment that allows me to get the "best of both worlds"?

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    IMHO, I would get the one from Sgt. Grit. Looks good, does the job and is a lot more portable. You get what you pay for.

Best of luck.

If you want the foldable one from Sgt Grit you better hurry and order - says quantities limited. That's the one I would go with (more durable/better quality).

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    OR!....

Go to Target, JCPenny, or even Wal-Mart and buy a non-moto garment bag that'll be better quality and you won't look like a boot traveling around.

just sayin'

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Maybe when he's travelling in his civvies he wants to carry a garment bag with emblem as his testament that he is one Proud Moto United States Marine.

Just sayin...

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    Maybe when he's travelling in his civvies he wants to carry a garment bag with emblem as his testament that he is one Proud Moto United States Marine.

Just sayin...
    To each his own I guess, as if the stupid haircut wouldn't give it away anyway...??..

I love the Corps as much as any other Marine but you would never catch me out in town, on leave, traveling, etc. with any sort of moto gear or with any bags/suitcases with EGA's plastered all over them. You're just screaming for attention and ridicule by doing so.

I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine as well as many others

Let me catch you in the airport in your moto shirt with your dog tags hangin' out too Devil

/rant

carry on

Ridicule has never been a factor with me - bring it on (but be ready for the payback).

International travel is a different story and that's when one needs to consider the threat situation and tone it down as much as possible. MSG's always travel in business attire but there is still the issue with the haircut and seabags. In a foreign airport, a MSG stands out like a sore thumb.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Agree Top.

Thread Information