Vietnam Memory
Create Post

Thread: Vietnam Memory

Vietnam Memory

Hey guys I put together a video from mostly old pics that I have. If you'd like to watch it, it's on youtube at

http://youtu.be/Bggo2zzrnUM

Similar Threads:

Hey andyb....

I watched your video.
    At least you have some images from your time there and you have them in digital form.
    I didn't take enough pics during my era...guess I got too busy.

An observation....not a criticism.
    I know it's been a long time but I think it would be more enjoyable if you had noted more specific location descriptions other than 'that hill again'.
    Make sure the lettering color is correct so it's easily readable.
    That would create more interest on the personal level for any that watch it.

But....I know the dilemma.
    I have also made my own personal DVD documentary about 3 years ago with music, narration, photos and even a short 35mil film segment from someone who was at the same fire base I was.
    It was a lot of work over two years or so but well worth the effort.
    It's about 35 minutes long.
    I knew I was only going to forget more over time so I got it done with various contributions/contact from many in my unit including CO's, much internet research and studying all the AAR's from my unit.

I don't have my project on any sites or youtube.....not my style.
    Plus, it's strictly for ADULTS only.

I hope you get a lot of hits and interest in your youtube video.

Carry on....

thanks for the feed back chulaivet. But after thinking about it I decided that it conjures up to many bad memories so I have deleted the video.

Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    thanks for the feed back chulaivet. But after thinking about it I decided that it conjures up to many bad memories so I have deleted the video.
    I understand that there are bad memories and we all deal with them differently.

It was a very profound experience when (maybe) the bulk of us were still in our late teens.
    I returned to CONUS a month before I was 20.

Personally, I've dealt with it and wanted to document my experience for my family's interest and other interested friends or Marines I served with.....NOT to draw attention to myself or submit to PBS for the world to see.

In the big picture, I'm just a nobody among many Marines documenting only one tiny perspective/experience of the horror and brutality of war.
    Somehow I'm still above the dirt.

However you decide to deal with your memories.....I'd just say stay tough Brother.

Carry on....

Thread Information