do I stand a chance in boot camp?
Create Post

Question do I stand a chance in boot camp?

how in shape do I need to be in to make it though boot camp?I'm really worried that I'm to fat/weak/slow to make it though. right now I can run a 9 minute mile or 21 minute 2 miles, 20 push ups, and 1 pull up. the run is my mine worry. if any of you have advice I would love to hear it

Similar Threads:

David....

I'm not a moderator but I'd suggest you fill out your profile more completely if you're serious.

Then check the thread suggestions noted at the bottom of your post for more specifics.

Good luck....carry on.

okay thanks I didn't notice those there

Long story short you may end up in a physical conditioning platoon for an indefinite ammount of time if you were to ship in your current physical condition. If you don't absolutely want to hate life the whole time you should look up our standards and leave running a first class fitness test, which is not very hard.

Mike

You should go sit down with a recruiter. They can assess your physical condition and recommend where you go from there. There is no obligation and don't worry if you feel you're not quite ready yet - one of their jobs is to get you ready and qualified.

You also need to talk to them about being home schooled. There may be some special hoops you'll have to jump through so the sooner you're aware of them the better. You don't want to wait and then later wish somebody had told you about a requirement sooner.

Before shipping to bootcamp, you will be required to pass an initial strength test (IST).

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

thanks guys ( Marines ) I'm not to worried about the home schooled thing I have two brothers that joined the military and I don't remember them having a problem with it

Last edited by Rocky C; 10-16-13 at 08:52 AM.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Where they Marines ? We have differant rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Monticue View Post
    how in shape do I need to be in to make it though boot camp?I'm really worried that I'm to fat/weak/slow to make it though. right now I can run a 9 minute mile or 21 minute 2 miles, 20 push ups, and 1 pull up. the run is my mine worry. if any of you have advice I would love to hear it
    I hope how you come across here is not reflective on how you will perform at bootcamp, because then you will have problems. Seems like you're not putting much effort into typing or making a readable sentence so that people can understand you. I know we are just some random 'people' on the Internet, but if I was seriously looking for help - I would try and make it look that way. Maybe you are on a phone or tablet, but if you want people to take you seriously and help you, then you should put out a little effort when you ask questions. So, I guess my advice is to try and use some effort when you are trying to improve those times/results. That means getting out there and running on your own, if you do not have contact with a recruiter. Have you taken the ASVAP?

You won't even pass the initial strength test (IST). Don't ship until you can pass the IST with full confidence. If you don't meet physical standards now, it will burn you in the long run. Remember, as a recruit and Marine, you will be doing the PFT and CFT.

Thread Information