Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Marines.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding news Joe.
    Best of luck my friend and great idea updating this thread as we all look here for your updates.

Get Some ...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    UPDATE: Three months ago I went to MEPS at Fort Dix to get my physical/medical portion taken care of. I passed thrpugh the system easily and swiftly no problem. My GT line score was two points below what it needed to be for that Intel slot. A few weeks after MEPS I deluded myself with believing one my friends who was a sub-par boot who didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I let him convince me on not going back to MEPS to sign my enlistment papers.

The bottom line is, I am not currently a poolee and took time off to think about this commitment. I'm going to study intensely to get my GT/ASVAB score up, see if I can take my ASVAB at my high school, and if not, enlist before September so I'm open to the new jobs that come out in October.

Whether I get Intel or not..I'm going to earn the title of United States Marine because that's the ONLY title that matters at the end of the day. Staff Sgt. Witt said as long as I join up before September I'm looking at shipping out to MCRD-PI this winter.
    *All slots for boot this summer are filled and the job contracts are/were slim.

Thank you Marines for all of your help, I feel confident in this decision.

First lesson learned - NEVER listen to a "sea lawyer".

Sea Lawyer! love it. Your making a prudent choice. Retake the asvab. The first time I took it I scored an 88 or something like that....the second time I scored 134, you'll do better. Get the MOS you want because no matter what job you have you'll always be a Marine, but your stuck doing the crap job that you didn't want (not that your alternatives are bad). The future looks good for the intel field too especially if you decide to stay in the NE region. The DoD has budgeted a lot for it as well as other agencies (NSA, CIA, DIA, NRO, etc.). You would be amazed at how many think tanks and organizations that have an intel dept. Anyway, it's about the only career field where there is very little quantitative measure on success. You'll be alright and the Corps is fine without you for now too.

Thread Information