21 Scams Used By Devious Car Dealers — And How To Avoid Them
Create Post

21 Scams Used By Devious Car Dealers — And How To Avoid Them

The Scam: The dealer advertises a car with a great price, but when you show up at the dealership, they say it's already been sold. They then try to get you to buy a more expensive vehicle.
    The whole point of a bait-and-switch ad is to get you to the showroom.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...#ixzz2gD8f8nrA

Similar Threads:

Pretty nice article! Wish I would've read this before I bought my car. I used trueprice and kbb. got mine for well under invoice because they were getting rid of the 2013 models and making room for the 2014 models but I probably could've got a much sweeter deal if I had known what I know now

Quote Originally Posted by Tookie22 View Post
    Pretty nice article! Wish I would've read this before I bought my car. I used trueprice and kbb. got mine for well under invoice because they were getting rid of the 2013 models and making room for the 2014 models but I probably could've got a much sweeter deal if I had known what I know now
    Pass this info on to other since it has veracity

SF

Well I am now a car salesman but you don't see the other side of the coin so to speak. Someone calls with their trade a real "cream puff, one owner" then they come in with some piece of junk beltching smoke and want full value excellent conditon for it they say is worth $5000.00 but in reality it is a piece of crap worth $50.00. They see an ad that says "X" amount for a car and the fine rpint says you have to qualify for all rebates which they don't and then the dealer and sales persons are the liars because they are not college grads in the time period orhave a certain trade that woould give them the amount and ALL dealers advertise plus freight. They come in with 2 repos on their credit or recent bankruptcy and then dictate to the dealer that they are not putting any money down and they are going to get that 1.9% advertised when they are lucky to get a second chance bank to even lend them the money. Profit is not a dirty word and dealers have to make money to stay in business. They can not give away every car at a loss no matter who you say you know or haow many cars youo have bought before. And although there are some sleazy dealers out there most dealers are pretty much fair.

Thread Information