Truckers To Shut Down America - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Same here.

I suspect this has more to do with the onerous DOT rules and regs that have been coming out in the last few years. Breaking the backs of the actual people who keep this nation going.

W/O Truckers we're all effed.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    When this happens at the very least, the highways in the U.S. will be much safer.
    You have no Idea what your talking about!! Us truck drivers are professionals and take our jobs very seriously..

I remember pumping gas for 15 cents a gallon back when I was a kid work at a gas station. I also remember Diesel being so much cheaper than gas. When gas was $1.79,, Diesel was $0.25 cents to 30 cents now diesel cost way more than Gas!!! What the Frack...

​When I first drove it was 18.9--A Buck would get me from New Bedford to Boston, drive around town gawking and back home and still had plenty of gas. Of course it was, ahem, a Corvair Spyder.

Whatever the price of gas was in 1973 is what it cost when I started driving ...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That would be $1.73 a gallon.
    1973 was the year the " Oil Crisis " started (OPEC).

I didn't start paying that until around 1979. I looked it up and the price at that time was $0.39 a gallon. In today's dollars with inflation, that would be about $3.00 a gallon. So in essence, I've been paying about $3.00 a gallon the entire time I've been driving!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine1955 View Post
    You have no Idea what your talking about!! Us truck drivers are professionals and take our jobs very seriously..
    Trucks are a huge waste of fuel and cost us billions in repairing the damage they do to our highways. Many of the drivers are complete azzholes, they think they own the roads and put out all of that bs about the taxes the truckers pay when in reality they are nothing compared to the damage they do. The trucking industry is just another taxpayer funded entitlement program for people who lack the skills to perform constructive work. Trains are far more energy efficient and don't run slower drivers off of the roads

Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    Trucks are a huge waste of fuel and cost us billions in repairing the damage they do to our highways. Many of the drivers are complete azzholes, they think they own the roads and put out all of that bs about the taxes the truckers pay when in reality they are nothing compared to the damage they do. The trucking industry is just another taxpayer funded entitlement program for people who lack the skills to perform constructive work. Trains are far more energy efficient and don't run slower drivers off of the roads
    you need to look at a RR map they do not go everywhere or to every town they bring things into a big station and have trucks haul everything to where it has to go also trains run at there time not yours so if it has to get there sooner then its by truck

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1955 View Post
    Used to be that way, many years ago, but I was speaking about today. Many are eating pills, drinking while driving and partying when they reach their destination.

My father and father in law were both long line drivers and if they were alive today they could outdrive most of the truckers who travel the roadways.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    you need to look at a RR map they do not go everywhere or to every town they bring things into a big station and have trucks haul everything to where it has to go also trains run at there time not yours so if it has to get there sooner then its by truck
    When I was a kid and beyond, the trains ran on time and stopped at many of our small towns, the trucking industry, the trucking unions (jimmy Hoffa), and railroad greed killed the railroads for now but it's the way of the future

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

I remember ten and fifteen cent a gallon gas and along with it came a cleaned windshield, oil checked, battery checked, radiator checked, tires checked including spare. No one was allowed to pump their own gas as it was against the law for insurance purposes. You still cannot pump your own gas in the state of Oregon.

I also remember doctors that made house calls.

If ALL the big companies go along with it, that will mean no gas delivery. I walk, though just barely, so I wish them luck. They cut profit margins for drivers then impose rules that make thing harder. Gee, and all the TP'ers won't make any money.

Thread Information