Boot camp questions
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boot camp questions

Not really sure where to post this. I read some of the DO-NOT's and I couldn't seem to find any stickies that covered my situation properly. I also filled out my profile, at least as far as I could see.

So my situation is I'm currently a Poolee and you could say my date got pushed up. ALOT. I'm supposed to be leaving September 16 which is in a couple days and I feel like I'm not ready. My IST is ok, but I've been out of shape for the last month because of my vacation. Before I went on vacation I was at 9 Pull ups, 80 crunches, 11:20 1 1/2 run time. Now I'm about 6-7 pull ups, 70 crunches, 12:30 1 1/2 run. I know if I had atleast a couple of weeks to get back in shape I could go back to what I was or even better, but I feel like I'm not ready for this. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't know.

Any advice? And if I'm not using the forums correctly please let me know. I just really want to figure this out because I'm getting more and more nervous. It feels like it's coming a lot sooner then I expected it to be.

Any advice or input is much appreciated. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    put out a max effort and push through your comfort zone. if your heart is in it you'll have nothing to worry about

Credits
    Savings
    Not to worry ! Your future D.I.'s will whip you into shape very soon !
    And keep your mouth shut, and do what your told to the best of your ability and you'll be fine.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Try not to over analyze anything right now.
    Relax, spend time with your family and friends.

You will be fine, just like the hundreds of thousands before you.

Best of luck.

Get Some...

I agree withe my fellow Marines on this one. Enjoy the time you have with friends and family and savor the moment. When you get to boot camp put your whole heart into it, do what you are told, keep your mouth shut, and focus on the training day at hand. You are going to do fine kid. Like Rocky said, don't over think it. No matter how bad it gets, tell yourself it is only temporary and that you will get through it because you can.

Dittos to all of the above. If you really want to succeed in Boot Camp, you'll find that you'll perform far better because a) you have no choice, b) have 80 others with you doing the same thing and it's amazingly easier in a group than when alone, and c) you have 2 or 3 angry Drill Instructors wanting to carve you a new *** hole if you don't perform.

Like Rocky said, enjoy you're last few days in heaven before you head into hell. Stay motivated and you'll do fine.

Good luck!

Thanks, I guess I'm just overthinking it. Either way my SSgt is making me run another IST at MEPS tomorrow. Hopefully something improves. Either way can't wait to join the brotherhood!

Good luck tomorrow, let us know how you do.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Now that's the mentality to have !!!
    Best of luck tomorrow...

Thanks guys!( Marines ) I actually went down to MEPS today and ran it at around same time. I was the only guy running and as soon as I started I wanted to quit, but I ended up finishing it. Not sure why, but how hard do you guys ( Marines ) think I'll struggle? I'm not gonna stress over boot camp anymore and just look for December 14th every single day from now on. But from your point of view, did I set myself up for hell on earth?

Last edited by Rocky C; 09-13-13 at 04:54 AM.

We all set ourselves up for hell, when we signed the contract. Don't focus on 14 December. Focus on the training Day at hand and the task you're given and perform to the utmost of your ability. Expect that you will get nothing right. No matter how flawless you perform your task, it will never be good enough for the drill instructor. By the way son, when you address Marines on this forum don't call them "guys", call them Marines. Your first two weeks they are going to tear down your body, mind, and spirit, along with your fellow recruits. Then they will build you back up and mold you into a Marine. Only you can make yourself a Marine. Your drill instructors will give you the tools to become a Marine. Give it all you got, stay motivated, listen to what you're told, and do it. I went in on 05Jun85 @ 190 lbs. I graduated on 30Aug85 @ 145 lbs. if a fat body like i was made it thru boot camp and earned the title, then I don't want to hear about any negativity coming from you, including selling yourself short. You will earn my Eagle, Globe and Anchor son. I'm confident in you.

Quote Originally Posted by KwakJoe View Post
    as I started I wanted to quit,
    Doesn't matter. You may feel like quitting every day.

but I ended up finishing it.
    That's what really matters...is pushing through when you want to quit. And you pushed through with no one there to push you. Good job, that's what it takes!

I hated running and really was not much of a runner, but finished every run we did with no problem, ran further than I ever dreamed, and completed the 3 mile in 20:30 which for me was absolutely amazing.

But from your point of view, did I set myself up for hell on earth?
    Didn't you just say you weren't going to stress over Boot Camp?

Haha yeah you're probably right. Hell or not. I'm gonna be a Marine. Can't wait!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get Some ...

Any advice?
    Yes Sir. No Sir. Aye aye Sir.

That's all you need to know!
    -Good luck!

Thread Information