Security Forces UV (re) enlistment.
Create Post

Security Forces UV (re) enlistment.

Hello all Marines! My situation is this. This next Wednesday I will be signing my MOS papers for Security Forces UV contract. I am under the understanding that it is a five year active duty contract with 3 years doing SF and then the next two being sent back to the fleet for straight up infantry. Now after my initial enlistment is done, what happens to me? Because Security forces is a B-Billet (correct me if I'm wrong), and Infantry is my primary MOS, if I want to reenlist am I straight 03XX contract?

Similar Threads:

What's an EGA? And no I'm not he told me he wasn't sure and that he'd get back to me on it. I called and texted him with no reply.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

EGA means Eagle, Globe and Anchor...

Last edited by Rocky C; 09-12-13 at 08:40 AM.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Also, when it comes time for reenlistment, you will have options. No need to worry about that right now.

Wow I feel really stupid. And I just want to get everything figured out because if I'm going to make a career out of it I don't want to be doing something I don't want to do.

If you are wanted then you can reenlist. I wouldn't start planning your 20 year plaque until you get in and experience things for a few years. Most people going in say they plan to stay for 20. very few of them actually do.

I understand what your saying sir, it's just I really do think I will make a career out of it, and I want to know what job I will be doing. So if I keep my head down and do a good job I can have the option of going back to SF, if not I stay Infantry?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMHS View Post
    . So if I keep my head down and do a good job I can have the option of going back to SF, if not I stay Infantry?
    Correct.

But if I'd rather do Infantry I can choose Infantry?

You have the wrong perception about making the USMC a career. It's not up to you - reenlistments are based on the needs of the Marine Corps. You can be the #1 grunt in your infantry company but when you're contract expires if there is no boatspace for you then you'll be let go. And, this could happen your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th contract. Nobody can gaurantee you a career. I saw plenty of SNCO's (most with young families and wanting to make a career of the USMC) denied reenlistment. Another factor is bad health - some grunts are medically discharged because their bodies are broken (back, knee, feet problems) from the extreme loads they must hump long distances as part of their jobs.

I understand what your saying, I just wasn't sure if when I'm done doing Security Forces since Its not a primary MOS(?) if I'm strictly an 03.

Thread Information