Poolee Courtesy
Create Post

Thread: Poolee Courtesy

Question Poolee Courtesy

I am the poolee guide for RSS Richmond South DEP, and I leave for bootcamp in about three weeks. I have been given Marine Corps apparel by my recruiter on many occasions, such as for helping him with the pull up challenge at my school and for getting two referrals. All of the apparel, which includes hats, shirts, a camelbak, and a Marine Corps gym duffel bag all display the EGA. Recently, my cousin, who is a Marine, told me that I do not rate to wear such apparel, and that while my motivation and enthusiasm were to be admired, that I was offending current service members. I want more than anything not to disrespect those who are already serving and have earned the title. I was wondering if I could have a guide of what I can do to not offend any Marines as a poolee.

Similar Threads:

in my opinion, you can where EGA material as you are a poolee, some are more sensitive then others on this, but you see it all over the place and to me it means that the civilians are showing respect in the only way they know how, and that Moms and Dads of Marines are doing like wise,, I, personally have no problem with it, as long as it is not official uniforms or anything like that,, a t-shirt or ball cap covers are no problem for me anyway.. It is a "to each there own." type of thing..

Last edited by irpat54; 08-31-13 at 11:38 PM. Reason: spelling.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As long as it is not official uniform you are good to go in my opinion.

I see more civilians wearing T-Shirts and Ball Caps everyday because Sons, Daughters, Family members, etc are Marines.

It's all about Pride and Respect...

Carry on and best of luck to you.

Your recruiter gave it to you as a reward/incentive. I see no problem with it. My niece's recruiter gave her stuff when she was poolee as well (she never earned the title however).

I agree with all of the above, as long as it's not an official uniform, no problem. As Top pointed out, your recruiter gave it to you, so wear it, and wear it with pride.

That gear is provided to recruiters by the USMC Recruiting Command. If it violated some sort of official USMC policy then recruiters wouldn't be handing it out. Since they are - don't worry about it. It is legal.

In the new Marine Corps one the best things I heard was that we want to integrate Marine familys into the Marines also.It wasnt like that when I was in but I love being part of the Marine Family with my son who is a Marine also.Wear it with Pride young wanna be.I think my wife looks great in her Marine Mom pink night gown and I know she is Proud to be a part of the Marine Family

Last edited by Lisa 23; 09-03-13 at 10:15 AM.

That's cute I remember when I was the poolee guide back in 2010...lol I'm messing with you. If anyone gives you crap for wearing stuff like that, call them a boot. As long as you're not wearing our uniforms or bringing a disgrace to our name no one should care.

Hey Cameron, I wouldn't worry about wearing that stuff too much. Your recruiter gave it to you because you earned it, and also that stuff helps the recruiters. The more someone sees Marine apparel/memorabilia the more it crosses their minds. Keep wearing it with pride! Oh, by the way I'm from Roanoke so you're in my old area. Good luck at Parris Island, just remember to scream.... All the time.

Last edited by Rocky C; 09-30-13 at 05:43 PM.

Thread Information