Poolee's
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poolee's

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Poolee's

I respect your right to post on any subject that you care to. I also respect your right to say anything without censorship provided respect is shown. I would however, mention that until you the poolee have completed recruit traing in either depot the term Semper-Fi! is used for Marines that have earned the title and walked the final grid walk.Please refrain from using this in your posts. Thank You! Semper-Fi Heart"

Some may wear the uniform
    And even look the part
    But to truly be a real Marine
    You must have a “Semper-Fi Heart”
    This “Heart” is not earned in “Boot Camp”
    But is “Developed Along the Way”
    And it “Grows” because of “Dedication”
    Through “Service” each and every day
    “Semper” is Latin for “Always”
    “Fidelis” means “Faithful” and “True”
    “Faithful” when things don’t go your way
    And “Faithful” when they do
    You may not understand the rationale
    Nor even know the reason why
    But the “Mission” will be accomplished
    When your “Heart” is “Semper-Fi”

your right. Im not a marine yet so i dont deserve to say it. thanks for setting us maggots straight.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Scream, I appreciate your response. this has to be said every so often. I would also caution you to use a capital "M" when you write "Marine" and refer to me or my fellow brother or sister Marines. Semper-Fi Chuck Hall

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Will do, Phantom Blooper.

And scream, speak for yourself, man. I don't fancy myself a maggot. I'm a person last I checked.

No Konieczko, all poolee's are maggots. Ask most Marines and they will call you a maggot(in good humor)

You seem a little high strung RK, first the semper fi and ooorah thing and now this

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    "Firstly, I joined the Marine Corps Reserves. I've already had several Marines frown upon me for this.. but in all honesty I could care less what they think.

I'd like to go to a good college, and eventually become a History teacher. The problem is.. I'm a lazyass. I know what I need to do, but..I just can't seem to screw my head on straight and get it done. "

Above is a quote directly from Konieczko, I know I am just a poolee (maggot, puke, turd) BUT I feel this advice could be helpful......... Konieczko you should care what those Marines think because if their frowning upon something I can bet its in good reason, remember, they have been there and done that and probaly know something you dont. Secondly you say your a lazy@ss and cant screw your head on straight? Well even a stupid poolee can say if thats true and with that attitude your not ready for recruit training. Personally I would hate to put my life in the hands of a Lazy@ss with his head not on straight in a fighting hole. So maybe its wise not to post for the world to see that your a Lazy@ss. I dont know what poolees are like where your from but up here if any of us, poolee, recruiter, even parents see a poolee being lazy or anything of that nature, we get on their @ss till they change it. Remember this is a family, we may be the brady bunch compared to the real Marines but I as a poolee want to say : screw your head on straight, go do some PT, and try and have a better attitude. Whether you follow my advice is up to you. I just wanna help my fellow brother (poolee) because my recruiter taught me thats what the Marine Corps is all about.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Roger that Blooper. -Lake

dep baumy is right. we need to have a good attitude or we will fail.

R_Konieczko, you are in fact correct. You, like the other poolees, are not a maggot. A maggot is a living creature, and you have not yet been born to us. Only upon walking across the parade deck for the final time will you be a living creature. Until then, be fortunate to be called a maggot. It is a compliment that someone would consider you a life form.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Baumy, you couldn't be more right =)

I think you misinterpreted my post a bit though, lol. When I said "I don't care what they think" I meant it in responce to the negative comments I was receiving about me signing on as a reservist. Reservists tend to have a bad name, but a Marine is a Marine in my eyes. The caliber and quality of the individual is outstanding, wether reserve or active. If a Marine offers constructive advice, hell yea I listen up! lol. But when I get some negative jive about signing for the Reserves.. that's a differant story. That's just negative BS in my eyes.

And about me posting about being a lazyass. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm lazy in some areas, or that I need improvement in some areas. Admitting weakness is the first step to improving said weakness. I'm working hard to become a better person, and as corny as it sounds the DEP has helped me a LOT. This community has also helped me. The interaction with my felow poolees is as positive as positive gets, it boosts your motivation, ya know? Now I can only imagine what boot camp will do for me =P

Maybe I sound like an ******* on this forum.. I'm not sure. I can assure you guys that it's purely miscommunications, though. My heart is in the right place, though.

And besides.. it's difficult to actually gauge someone's personality online. Types words don't convey the emotion that a face to face meeting would, lol. A lot of the stuff I say is light hearted, although it probably looks all cold and stuff.

Anywho.. clearing up another thing, lol. I'm on a roll with you guys.

**edit**

Echo_Four_Bravo:

Sure thing, Sir.

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    Hey bro its ok, I just couldnt tell if you were just some little b!tch trying to play Marine and not have the heart im sure it requires, but after explaining yourself about the lazy@ss part I can see you serious about this and i respect that 100% I just thought you werent to serious about this and I figured hey man you should join the Army but now your true colors are comming out. Just do what I do, bite your lip sometimes, or in this case your finger and just take your beatings and agree with everything the Marines say (because their usually right). And i agree also about the whole better person deal through the DEP, that is very true, motivation at its finest. Take it easy big guy.

Phantom Blooper, thanks for the information; this is the first time I've heard that poolee's shouldn't say, ``Semper Fi.'' I confess to having said it, never meaning any disrespect of course, and what's more, never in regards to myself, but rather in reference to the accomplishment of the Marine I was speaking with. This raises a question for me: Would it be proper to apologize to those Marines? They never mentioned it to me, but then again, they might have chosen not to for any number of reasons I wasn't privy to, but have thought to themselves, ``Wow, that Poolee Cross is pretty disrespectful!''

Whenever I've said it, I've always meant it in the form, ``Hey, Semper Fi Marine, for what *you've* accomplished in becoming a Marine, I respect you for that by honoring you with the motto of your Corps.'' I see now how this could be construed to be self-reflective as well, despite intention, and will refrain from it in the future.

As an aside, in a similar vein, I've referred to Marines I meet in person as ``sir'' or ``ma'am'' regardless of whether they're officers. I do this (a) to show respect to the Marine, and (b) because I know that recruits at boot camp refer to their DI's, and presumably other Marines, as `sir' and `ma'am', and it seems natural that a poolee is below a recruit in the pecking order, and therefore should follow the same convention. Is this incorrect, as well?

The Marine Corps needs its reserves. However, active duty Marines do usually look down upon the reservists to some degree. That being said, you will be a Marine, and that is what matters. Just keep your opinion of reserves being the same as active duty to yourself if your DI starts making fun of you for being a reservist. I know the guys in my platoon that were going reserves got an ear full about it from our DI on a regular basis.

Once, all of the Reservists in our platoon were quarterdecked for just being Reservists, our DI's feeling was that we were just using the Marine Corps to get something out of the Corps without giving them anything in return. Half of my platoon was Reservists. Don't even sweat being active or reserve, because you all hold the same title in the end, and you don't get trained any differently. You just need to have more discipline to make yourself get out of the rack early in the morning PT on your own, and push yourself.

Thread Information