Infantry MOS question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I really hope some Grunts come by to answer your questions.

Where are you Marines ???

No worries, Rocky... I have 68 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes and 27 seconds worth of time

And without Supply, Marines really have a problem getting anything accomplished.

Credits
    Savings
    ROSCOE......

Put'yer HIPBOOTS on,
    IT's getting DEEP in here.....

remember also please....

" Be careful, you may just get what you wish for. "

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Really the most damage comes from Marine artillery but we are first riflemen, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.
    Well lets see........wonder who it is that is spotting those big booms? Also wonder.....who is between you and certain death?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Well lets see........wonder who it is that is spotting those big booms? Also wonder.....who is between you and certain death?
    That would be the forward observer, we make the fight much easier, Semper Fidelis.

Of course, from my experience, the recon was bs because nobody had any idea of the division not company(s) they had in front of us, the artillery couldn't hit jack, and what supply, we were out of food and ammo.

So when something absolutely has to be destroyed by morning, who do we call. The World Famous Marine Corps 0311's (often imitated but never duplicated). The most dreaded and most deadly and dangerous weapon of the Marine Corps is the rifleman. Not just any rifleman, but the 0311 kind of rifleman, the Life takers and Heart Breakers. Just saying

Watched the history Channel had a thing on Nam where Snipers had 3 rounds one kill infantry units 50,000 rounds 1 kill not very effective, big bombs had to bring dignity which otherwise would just be a brawl, Semper Fidelis.

1 little walk in the park that I was at we couldn't use artillary." You see, we were in the ancient capital of Vietnam and we were not allowed to have artillery support or arial bombing, they didn't want us to destroy the historic significance of the place. Better to lose Marines than destroy these old buildings.

it was just us, 2,500 Marine Corps Infantry against 10,000 hardcore NVA regulars. We took about 50% casualties and we killed 5,000 of them. Not bad for just a bunch of us old 0311 grunts.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok Brothers. We really need to get back to the OP's questions.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    1 little walk in the park that I was at we couldn't use artillary." You see, we were in the ancient capital of Vietnam and we were not allowed to have artillery support or arial bombing, they didn't want us to destroy the historic significance of the place. Better to lose Marines than destroy these old buildings.

it was just us, 2,500 Marine Corps Infantry against 10,000 hardcore NVA regulars. We took about 50% casualties and we killed 5,000 of them. Not bad for just a bunch of us old 0311 grunts.
    That was a bunch of chit Marine, too many rules, thanks for your service Brother, sorry Rocky, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes Ma'am if your Son survives Drown Proofing these days probably Qualifying high 220's on the Rifle Range @least might get Him started in the Right Direction? Does He enjoy Heights,Living like an Animal,it isn't for everyone

Mom,

Check out www.marinefamilynetwork.com (free). Once you join, click on the "questions" tab at the top of the homepage and start there. You can search and find your son's platoon as well as other parents for that platoon. You will enjoy that site (and learn a lot too). Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    ROSCOE......

Put'yer HIPBOOTS on,
    IT's getting DEEP in here.....

remember also please....

" Be careful, you may just get what you wish for. "
    Roscoe? Is your last name Roscoe, or your first name? That's my last name as well ... wow!

Okay... on second thought, maybe you looked on my profile and saw my last name was Roscoe and was talking to me! (haha) I'm a little slow at times!

You all are too funny, and I appreciate the feedback! An update on my son.... bursting with pride, I attended his PI graduation on November 1st. Every bit of the experience was incredible.... something I will never forget!

He is now at ITB, and has been placed in the Weapons Platoon. It was a surprise to him since he was hoping for 0311 Rifleman... but I guess this is the start of the "you go where you are needed" process.

Now I am reading as much as I can about the various directions this new twist could lead... mortarman, machine gunner, anti-tank missileman... apparently those are the three places he could end up in this Company of ITB. Any thoughts on those options Marines??

Last edited by Rocky C; 11-16-13 at 03:13 PM.

Thread Information