Re join RE-3P
Create Post

Thread: Re join RE-3P

Re join RE-3P

If someone wanted to rejoin ( reenlist ) in the Marines with a code of re-3p would that be possible. He received the code due to weight and that he had to go through the "fat camp" course. If he is now fit would he be able to get a waiver? Is this even a possibility during this time? Or should he not even waste his time trying? Thank you for your help

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 08-21-13 at 11:31 AM.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    USMC, RE-3P Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training.

Highly unlikely on the waiver but he should go see a Recruiter and ask.

Did he get discharged while in Boot Camp ???

Last edited by Rocky C; 08-20-13 at 04:39 PM.

No in fact he was back down to weight requirements when he discharged. His 4 years were up so he chose to try civilian life. His weight was not his reason for discharge

it never hurts to ask a prier-service recruiter, and it never hurts to try, if that is what he wants,, what is the worse that could happen, they say no? at least he would know one way or the other..

You are correct. He is currently working 60+ hours a week so he asked me to see if I could find any information for him. I was just trying to gage if it was even a remote possibility. He will just have to take an hour off to try and catch the recruiter at the office. Thank you for your responses

A regular recruiter won't be able to help him (their mission is initial contracts). He will need to talk to a prior service recruiter (the regular recruiter should have the contact info). Personally, due to downsizing of the active duty force, I doubt there is a remote chance. There have been numerous prior active duty Marines here not requiring a reenlistment waiver who were turned down. However, he won't know unless he asks.

Please come back and update your post with what happens in case someone in the future with the same situation can search it and maybe learn from your posts.

Recruiters carry cellphones with them when out of the office. It's better to call ahead and make an appointment (and save a wasted trip to the office).

Quote Originally Posted by Rejoin4him View Post
    No in fact he was back down to weight requirements when he discharged. His 4 years were up so he chose to try civilian life. His weight was not his reason for discharge
    This contradicts your initial post where you said he received the RE-3P due to weight. So, now you got me confused. Was it because he was overweight or some other condition? Did he make/sign a statement in his Service Record Book (SRB) indicating he understood why he was being assigned that reenlistment code (everyone is afforded an opportunity to make a statement
    and indicate whether they agree with it or not)? What did he do (the prior service recruiter will want to know)?

When he initially joined he had to sign a form stating that he would maintain the required weight because even though he was at the body fat percentage required he was over the weight requirement. He then at one point 2 years in went up in weight( He is a big muscular former football player so he is not lean) again after originally getting below weight requirements and he went through BCP (?) program and got back to the weight requirements (always below the Body fat requirements). When he discharged it was because he completed his four years and while he was still below the body fat percentage his weight was above the 181 limit so he they told him if he wanted to reenlist instead of leaving he would have to again sign a form that he would stay under the weight. However, he was not planning on reenlisting at that time as he wanted to get out of the military. He does not remember signing any SRB forms but that doesn't mean he didn't. He didn't even realize that he had that code as he was just anxious to get to California where he had employment waiting for him. Yes, dumb of him not to pay attention back then. Next month will be 3 years that he has been out of the military. Sorry for the earlier confusion I just verified all of this with him as he is working a double today.

I don't know if it makes a difference but he is 26 so below any age difficulty.

OK - when is he going to talk to the prior service recruiter? Realize he is busy with work but if he's serious about this actions speak louder than words.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    OK - when is he going to talk to the prior service recruiter? Realize he is busy with work but if he's serious about this actions speak louder than words.

He has an appointment on Saturday to speak to the recruiter so I will update after he does. He wasn't given much info on the phone but at least they were happy to set up a time to speak to him and discuss the possibilities.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Keep us updated please.

Thread Information