Uniform Regulation on Boot Blousings
Create Post

Uniform Regulation on Boot Blousings

Does anybody know if there is an official order/regulation/maradmin that addresses the proper way to blouse your boots besides "When combat boots are worn, the trousers will be bloused in a neat uniform manner" as stated in Paragraph 3038, Section 3 of MCO P1020.34G? It's possible I missed the memo. However, I've scoured the maradmin for P1020.34G and all 128 uses of the word "boot" and five uses of "blouse" therein. I've also looked through the results and proceedings of the Marine Corps Uniform Board's 205 to 212. I couldn't find anything. I remember the drill instructors in boot camp taught us that the proper way to blouse our boots was between the first and second eyelet. However, they had us blouse them above the boot because they looked sharp. Many still blouse them that way, but I've bloused mine between the first and second eyelet. It's saved me from things crawling in boot and I've been told it's the right way by a number of superiors. Still, I cannot find anything official on the subject. What are your experiences or thoughts?