Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's Outstanding Ronnie.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    3rd Letter today Marines... It was a good one, said he had made a lot of good friends and was settling in for the long haul... Thanks MARINES for the support...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by robb4570 View Post
    3rd Letter today Marines... It was a good one, said he had made a lot of good friends and was settling in for the long haul... Thanks MARINES for the support...
    We all went thru it, Never Give Up, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Just thought i would update... I received a letter today dated Sept.02... The letter was very upbeat and stating he was officially a Phase 2 Recruit now... That he was a brown belt in martial arts and had passed his swim Qual. He was asking for news articles about the Syria situation... His MOS is Infantry... Im planning on sending him the articles I find... I would think the DI's are "pumping" the recruits up about this situation... Maybe he wants the articles to see what was actually happening vs what he is hearing... Should I send the articles or not? Any help would be much appreciated...

Just thought i would update... I received a letter today dated Sept.02... The letter was very upbeat and stating he was officially a Phase 2 Recruit now... That he was a brown belt in martial arts and had passed his swim Qual. He was asking for news articles about the Syria situation... His MOS is Infantry... Im planning on sending him the articles I find... I would think the DI's are "pumping" the recruits up about this situation... Maybe he wants the articles to see what was actually happening vs what he is hearing... Should I send the articles or not? Any help would be much appreciated...
    The brown belt don't seem right but the newer Marines should know, Good Luck,Semper Fidelis.

He was asking for news articles about the Syria situation... His MOS is Infantry... Im planning on sending him the articles I find... I would think the DI's are "pumping" the recruits up about this situation... Maybe he wants the articles to see what was actually happening vs what he is hearing... Should I send the articles or not? Any help would be much appreciated...
    In my opinion, I would not send the articles. They could wind up being a distraction. He should be concentrating on getting through recruit training.

Should I send the articles or not? Any help would be much appreciated...
    Send the articles. I was infantry also, he's just worried that the wars will be over before he gets there. Tell him not to worry, with this current administration there will be numerous future battles for him to participate in. Just saying.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    IMHO, I would not send the articles. If the Drill Instructors wanted the recruits to know something they would tell them.

Keep the letters upbeat.

Brown belt ?

Thank you for the update.

Did not have MCMAP (martial arts) when we went to bootcamp but thought they started out with a tan belt? Don't know for sure however.

If he has the time to read newspaper articles more power to him.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Marines. Very good points...And yes it is a Tan belt... My bad...

Thanks Marines. Very good points...And yes it is a Tan belt... My bad...
    You had me thinkin Bruce Lee already,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Good Morning Marines... Just thought I would update you all on my Recruit... I have not received a letter in about 4 weeks but his girlfriend receives a letter every week from him... At least his priorities are in order... Anyway he just finished team week and is well on his way to being one of THE BEST... He said they are coming together now, That he missed expert on the rifle range by 3 points... I can't wait for October 24th Family day !!! Words can not express how PROUD I am of him.. I have not missed a day writing him... This website and ALL of you MARINES have made this journey much more bearable... I know my Recruit has many more obstacles ahead to earning the right to be called a MARINE... I have all the faith in the world that he will SUCCEED... THANK YOU !!!

Good to hear, he will be fine keep the faith, Semper Fidelis.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you for the update.

Hahahaha, " It is what it is " on the priority list of letters

" Failure is not an option " , he will succeed.

Keep us posted please.

Thread Information