Job information: 30, SUPPLY ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATIONS
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Job information: 30, SUPPLY ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATIONS

My son has a week to go at MCRD. In his last letter he stated that he thinks his job will be in 30, SUPPLY. I'm a 20 yr retired aircraft mechanic from the AF so I'm somewhat familiar with supply. Is there anyone out there that can provide some enlightenment as to a direction within this career field that would be the best direction. He is motivated to just become a Marine, it's my job to have his back.

Similar Threads:

Supply field is a good field to get into if you don't mind office work or if you like warehouse work.The supply field itself is wide open as far as places to go because everyone needs supply so there fore there are job oppurtunities available any where.As far as transition to civilian life after wards it just depends on the part of supply you get in as to what happens afterward.This is my biased opinion and it is about 40years old.

was a 3043 supply admin but so long ago I do not know the system they use now
    but there is also an avation supply, also Sears use to use the same system as us but not sure now

Was never in supply but like already said, everywhere I went (except embassy duty), there were supply people there to inventory, store, maintain, and issue the gear I or my unit needed. Some worked in a large warehouse at the issue point and others worked on a computer back in the office. Warehouses, by nature, are too big and open to heat or cool so they're very hot in the summer (large floor fans for ventilation) and very cold in the winter (space heaters) depending on the geographic location/season. Can't speak about promotion and reenlistment prospects. I imagine the job can quickly become very routine and mundane - you go to work every day and you're either tied to a computer or a warehouse. One thing supply people need to be concerned about is becoming fat-n-lazy.

Thread Information