WES 47 Det. B USMCR '79-85
Create Post

WES 47 Det. B USMCR '79-85

Right, a dam reservist I was after schools. However I served with some of the best comrades I've ever known.

The following ranks will likely be obsolete;

Col. Okerman
    Maj. Minor
    CWO4 'Gunner' Gordon
    GySgt. LaBonte - believe to have passed
    SSgt. Marvin Steele
    Cpl. McFarland
    Cpl Gregg
    Cpl. McEldoon

others will come to me later but if anyone knows this unit or the men that were a part of it please let me know. Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid.

Sgt. Gus 'Guppy'

Similar Threads:

Additional Members;

Cpl. Mike O'Harrow

I was a member of WES-47 Det B at Whidbey - 1984-1989 (?) - did Northern Wedding/Bold Guard in Norway in 1987 - I later went on Recruiting Duty and got McEldoon on as well (he was my Platoon Sgt when I was switched from Bulk Fuel to Motor T)- he came on after Desert Shield/Storm - I know he worked in Everett and got hurt on Recruiting duty - If I am not mistaken he was medically retired as a Gunny - I haven't talked to him in many a year

I of course remember Gunner Gordon - Clayton as well - Major Minor yes...

When I was short, much to to my shame, on one occasion meeting Gunner Clayton between a couple of buildings at K-Bay on Oahu I failed to slalute and greet him. Now that I'm much older than the kid I was then I wish I could revisit that situation and correct it as these days I hold all Marines and vets in very high regard.

I was Sgt "Guppy" Gustafsson of the Motor T section.

WES-47 Reunion

I went in 2017 - had a good time - Feel free to hit me up at iamstumpee@gmail.com and I can send you the contact info (if you are interested) - I also talked to Scott McEldoon

Ric Logg

Bulk Fuel , 1391 "having a lot of fun" 81-90 for Me . Active duty.

Thread Information