Please Please help me with my daughters college
Create Post

Please Please help me with my daughters college

My 19 year old is suppose to start college August 18th. They just informed us that her loans and grants are not enough for her to go and she needs 8 thousand more dollars. I am not asking anyone to give me 8k I would like some advise on how to get a loan or grant for her to go. She is very depressed and stated if she doesn't get to go she might commit suicide.

I need some help here Devil Dogs.

Semper Fi!

Cpl Kevin D. Heglar

Similar Threads:

I would check in with your Jr. collages and look into grants from local and state and clam that your part American Indian See if that works..There's tons of programs out there..

I would spend the money on getting her therapy on the double.

She can get educational assistance by joining the national guard or reserves. She would have to go to basic training or bootcamp depending on the service so would not start her freshman year this August. When I was on the Inspector-Instructor Staff here with the UCMCR company, half the company were University of Tennessee students only in the reserves to get money to help with tuition costs. Have her check with a recruiter to see how much financial assistance she would rate. She can still be a fulltime student; all she has to do is drill one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer (and, she wouldn't need to worry about another loan).

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wow, depressed and suicidal and your on the Forum posting about loans and grants ?

Get off the Internet and get Your Daughter the Psychological help she needs ASAP Marine...

Prayers Outbound...

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    like a few others have already said....I wouldn't worry about money for her to go to school, I'd be more concerned with getting her mental and emotional help.

On the financial issue though....what school is she going to that costs $8k more than what the financial aid she is already getting is covering?!?!...that is ridiculous!

Right - on second thought, she is not mentally/emotionally stable enough for military service active or reserve/guard. Her health should be the priority at this point; not her education. Good luck - glad I'm not in your boots.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    like a few others have already said....I wouldn't worry about money for her to go to school, I'd be more concerned with getting her mental and emotional help.

On the financial issue though....what school is she going to that costs $8k more than what the financial aid she is already getting is covering?!?!...that is ridiculous!
    That is common.
    My daughter goes to college and she only gets $7500.00 per year.
    The rest is out of my exes and mine pocket...

CPL please get some help for her,always take threats seriously and seek professional help for her,Sermper Fi my thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter, Godbless you both Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Credits
    Savings
    I don't know how she feels about going out of State to attend College but if she would consider that, there is a "VERY GOOD" 4 year College in Berea Kentucky where she can go "FREE" no charges. All she has to do is consent to work for 10 hours a week at one of The College owned businesses there in Berea.I'm from that area and I have several friends that have kids who Graduated from there. I Graduated from Eastern Kentucky Univ. just up the road in Richmond, Ky. I went to EKU on The GI Bill when I got out of The Hospital and was Retired Out in 69. I got hit pretty bad in 68 at Khe Sahn, Berea is a 4 year Liberal Arts College. You can check it out on the Internet. See if they offer the field she wants to take. Free is a lot cheaper than taking out loans. Good Luck.. Semper Fi

Thread Information