Parachute Wings - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parachute Wings

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Major Malfunction~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THAT'S A BIG~AFFIRMATITTY ON YOU'R LAST M/SGT.HAVING TOO USE YOU'R RESERVE WITH YOU'R LEG'S OPEN, COULD MAKE FOR A MAJOR MALFUNCTION;IN MORE THAN ONE WAY!(LOL)SINCE I WAS ONLY A'BOUT 5'10,I GOT SHOVED ALL THE WAY UP TO THE FRONT OF THAT OV-10;THE LAST JUMPER IN MY STIC!!!YOU ARE RIGHT A'BOUT THE RIDE,WE CALLED IT PUCKER-FACTOR;THE SUDDEN ANGLE CHANGE WAS A'LOT OF G'S.GOD~SPEED~MASTER/SGT.OF MARINES/10/4~OUT~S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Bunch Of Brave Bastard's~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH ,I WANT TOO THANK OUR BROTHER'S;THE ROYAL MARINES.FOR THEIR BRAVERY FIGHTING,THIS WAR ON TERRORISM;UNITED WE STAND~DIVIDED WE FALL!!!"SAEPIUS-EXERTUS~SEMPER-FIDELIS~FRATER-INFINITAS" TO THE BRAVE-GOOD FORTUNE. GOD~SPEED~S/F

Lt Col Engstrom pinned my wings too. Brits trained with ANGLICO every year. We always made sure they made at least 5 jumps with us so that we could pin them. I was there in 1990 when that brit claims to have been there so I probably pinned him myself. I don't remember any names of those guys because they were just there a couple of weeks. That video at Camp Lejeune was of a rigger pinning in our paraloft. Rigger pinnings were always much more severe than regular pinnings which were done in the open in front of our barracks, nothing secret about it.

I remember that video of the pinning ceremony, and how the media talking heads noted the Marines "screaming in pain" and so forth. No one bothered to ask a Marine if he thought perhaps they might have been shouting "OOH-RAH" instead. I was amazed back then, and still am, how quickly the HQMC brass jumped on the PC bandwagon with this. Disgusting. Remember, this was not long after Tailhook in the Clinton Maximum Spin, Mega Damage Control, Ulta-PC Era, when the Generals and Admirals were all running for cover.

Hey, ANGLICO88-91, looks like you got to French Creek about the time I left 10th Marines. When did ANGLICO, Force Reconnaissance, and Linen Survey Battalion leave there?

Thread Information