question on colorblindness (red and green)
Create Post

question on colorblindness (red and green)

Hello Marines,

I know, i know, this topic is talked about a lot because I always thoroughly search before asking a question that has not been answered or hasn't been answered to the best of its capabilities so here it goes. My MOS is infantry, yes they will allow me to be a grunt, but what i would like to know is has anyone been in Recon that was colorblind? Also lets say you prove yourself as a Marine and have great scores such as on PFT and marksmanship, could you recieve a waiver to recon? I understand there are people that need to read the maps which is why its frowned upon but cant there be exceptions? couldn't i be assigned a diffrent role considering it is a team effort? hopefully someone understands what i'm trying to say.

thankyou,

Alex

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I don't know if being color blind in Recon is allowed or not. What I can say though is that if it is not it definitely won't be waiverable. There is a reason they don't allow color blind people in particular MOSs, it risks lives and mission accomplishment.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No, you can't be in Recon and be colorblind. Regular infantry, yes, but not Recon.

Thanks Marines!

Last edited by ChuckH; 07-25-13 at 02:46 PM.

Thread Information