Reserve Unit Options
Create Post

Reserve Unit Options

Hello again. Donny Smith here. Leaving out for MEPS tomorrow morning, can't wait!

Anyway, I've done some research and I found a pretty cool opportunity. I noticed the location of the 1st Battalion, 23rd Marines Infantry Reserve unit in Houston, Tx, which is only about an hour and a half away from where I plan to attend college. So, quick question, will I have some sort of say on which reserve unit I can go to? Since there's also reserve stations for the 1/23 in Corpus Christi, Austin, Harlingen, and Bossier City, La, I want to ensure that I can get a close-by location so I'm not driving anywhere from 3-5 hours from my college to report to my unit for drill.

Thank you.

Similar Threads:

What ever unit your recruiter took you to to meet the 1st Sgt is the one youll be slated to go to.

I saw 1/23 when I was out in 29 stumps and got to look at some of their weapons....

Let us know how you did at MEPS.

Good evening, sirs (Marines...there are female Marines on this site also, me being one of them). I took the ASVAB today and got a 71, giving me a wide range of jobs. I'll see the actual list of jobs probably tomorrow. I'm excited. All I have to do us pass the physical and I'll be good to go.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 07-23-13 at 09:08 PM.

What is your GT score? That is the score used to determine MOS eligibility. For instance, you need a GT of at least 100 for intel. I hope you're not saying your GT score is 71.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    What is your GT score? That is the score used to determine MOS eligibility. For instance, you need a GT of at least 100 for intel. I hope you're not saying your GT score is 71.
    Oh, no sir. The 71 waw just the AFQT percentile. My GT was 123.

UPDATE: Amazingly, I passed my physical evaluation yesterday! I'm now considered a poolee. I'm pretty excited. I'm about to head out to work out and when I get back I need to find out how to change my settings to say I'm a poolee on the site. If anyone could help me on this, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all, Marines. I'll post my ship date as soon as I get switched to poolee and I'll post it in the poolee section.

An Admin will have to change your status to Poolee. Send a PM to RockyC and he'll update it for you.

Last edited by ChuckH; 07-25-13 at 08:35 AM.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats to you.

I will change your status right now from " Marine Friend " to " Poolee/DEP ".

Please square away your profile ASAP wth all fields filled out to reflect the changes.

Thank you.

Rocky C

Thread Information