Just a Little Curious!?
Create Post

Exclamation Just a Little Curious!?

Well, unfortunately my boyfriend was medically discharged while in boot camp. There's reasons to why and whatnot but all in all I want to know what is his chances of being able to go back. He's already gone in and talked to our SSGT and he told him that the chances are small and also he would have to talk to the VA or something along those lines. My boyfriend to me that he'll get a yes or no answer within a year. What are the chances of them saying yes. I know he is very mentally and physically strong, does he have to prove to them that he can go back to boot camp? I know within a year, I'll be leaving for boot camp.

Similar Threads:

Here's the short answer: "No." But good luck to him on his future endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by fl1946 View Post
    Here's the short answer: "No." But good luck to him on his future endeavors.
    Thanks, I mean he already has a back up plan which he already started but I know that he doesn't give up very easily.

Just curious....what was he medically discharged for?

If he was discharged from boot then more then likely he wont be going back especially medically. All the recruits who was dropped medically from my plt back in boot never came back or dropped back to other plts.

Chances are slim to none especially with the Corps looking for places to trim the fat.

G/L to the both of yall

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa 23 View Post
    Just curious....what was he medically discharged for?
    I'd rather not talk about it, at least not publicly. But if you would like to know we could talk about it in a PM

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveEGA843 View Post
    If he was discharged from boot then more then likely he wont be going back especially medically. All the recruits who was dropped medically from my plt back in boot never came back or dropped back to other plts.

Chances are slim to none especially with the Corps looking for places to trim the fat.

G/L to the both of yall
    Thank you, we know the chances are slim and we have discussed things. Either way, im supporting him and it know he's disappointed but he doesn't like to show it. I try to talk to him and let him get everything off of his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by militaryxbabe View Post
    I'd rather not talk about it, at least not publicly. But if you would like to know we could talk about it in a PM
    I can understand not wanting to reveal what the medical discharge was for on a public forum, but you need to keep this in mind....the Marines here can't give you the advice you are looking for unless you say what it is.

Was he given a DD-214 (report of separation form) with a reenlistment code on it? There are different codes for different reasons. Some codes mean you are not eligible to reenlist/go back in. Your recruiter will know what his RE code means.

Will you still enlist even if he cannot?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Was he given a DD-214 (report of separation form) with a reenlistment code on it? There are different codes for different reasons. Some codes mean you are not eligible to reenlist/go back in. Your recruiter will know what his RE code means.

Will you still enlist even if he cannot?
    Yeah, I'm still going to boot camp. He doesn't want this to affect my choices and he know this has been on of my dreams as the Marines was his. Also, I didn't know about the code. I could ask him about it when he's off of work.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Still waiting on the code, 3 days later ?

Well, im also still waiting. My boyfriend works so we don't see each other everyday. I'll ask him tomorrow

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Damn over a year and a half....glad I retired and am not working those long of hours..............

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Hahahaha !!!

Thread Information