Question Lost DI

I am trying to locate SSGT H. R. Thomas (Senior DI) from
    Platoon 125 D/!st Bn, 1962 Parris Island, also SGT William,
    from same Platoon?????

LCPL. GERALD J RAIDY

Credits
    Savings
    Unless there is a better azimuth -----
    Have you contacted P.I. command with your request ?
    Has to be a website----

USMC East Coast Drill Instructors Association http://www.parrisislanddi.org/

Last edited by Marine1955; 09-24-12 at 07:49 PM. Reason: fixed the link

Hello Gerald,

We were in the same platoon at PI in 1962. It's been a long time - 50 years. Can you believe it? I saw your post on this web site. I stayed in the Marine Corps until 1967, when I left as an E-6. I went back to school and became an attorney. I am still practicing law in Nashville, Tennessee.

I never knew what happened to SSGT. Thomas. As you know, those were trying times back then as our platoon was held over at PI on a "legal hold" after graduation. I know you will recall the events.

I often wonder how many of our platoon are still around. I suppose some could have been lost in Viet Nam. I am certain that many have died from natural causes. Lots of good men died in Viet Nam. I spent a few months there before being wounded and returning to the states.

I hope life has been kind to you. Everyone in the platoon admired how hard you worked to pass basic training. You were an inspiration to all of us.

Best wishes.

Jeff Herring
    Nashville, Tennessee

Jeff Herring
    Nashville, Tennessee

I was very surprised to hear from you! I left the Corps in 1968, returned to school(Villanova Univ,) and sspent my career in Marketing( mostly Lumber, millwork etc.).Been married 3 time(last one is the very best). I am "semi-retired" working for a contractor, doing mostly customer liaison and superintendent.
    After the "legal hold, I was at Camp Pendleton, on the Cuban Crisis, then to Okinawa, fron there to two short tours in 'Nam('63-"64), never saw any real combat.
    Mostly, I was in Intel, so far removed from front lines. We(Corps) didn't really commit
    a lot of troops until June '65. Got out in '68.
    I did run into SSGT Thomas in '63 when I had to go to Camp Hansen, and all of a sudden I heard my name called out(You never forget that voice), and spenr the weekend at Hansen as his "Guest", he told me he never forgot that I testified for him.
    that was the last I saw of him!!!
    Was really great to her from you, have you ever connectede from others from the Platoon?

Anyhow, I have got to go now, and would like to hear from others and yourself again.

SEMPER FI,
    GERRY RAIDY

Last edited by Rocky C; 07-22-13 at 08:17 AM. Reason: No personal contact info on an open forum.

Thread Information