Can Non-infantry continue combat training?
Create Post

Can Non-infantry continue combat training?

I know that all non-infantry Marines go too MCT after boot camp. However I was wondering if I would be able to (of my own initiative) continue advancing in Marine hand to hand combat farther down the line.

Similar Threads:

I am an infantry Marine, but I know for a fact you wont be doing hand to hand at SOI. MCMAP is open to all Marines, you just need to find an instructor when you get to your first duty station.

Last edited by Rocky C; 07-20-13 at 02:08 PM.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli Burgos View Post
    I know that all non-infantry Marines go too MCT after boot camp. However I was wondering if I would be able to (of my own initiative) continue advancing in Marine hand to hand combat farther down the line.
    yes and no....MCT and learning "hand to hand" combat/MCMAP have nothing to do with one another.

But once you hit the fleet you will be afforded the opportunity to move up and earn a higher MCMAP belt. As long as you squared away this shouldn't be a problem, if you're a $hit-bird don't count on it.

Both of your responses are greatly appreciated thank you very much!

Im a 0481 and also a 3051 but depending on your CO's intent will depict how you will train.

My CO was with a infantry unit so we're always doing feild/combat type stuff. I've only done my actual MOS once or twice.

Thread Information