Pre-Shipment IST question
Create Post

Question Pre-Shipment IST question

Hey everyone, I have a question regarding my Pre-ship IST that my recruiting station requires BEFORE the MEPs IST. I ship out the 29th of July 2013. Now I do meet the minimum requirements for the pull ups portion of the IST. As of now I can do 4 pull ups. The IST requires a minimum of 2 Pull ups. My recruiter tell me that he wants me up to 5 pull ups before I ship out. So essentially I am worried about not being able to ship out. I can do 90 sit ups for sure under 2 minutes, and a 11:50 mile and a half run. I know the recruiters have the ability to raise the standard to what they see fit, but of course not lower the standard. Since I can do fairly well with the other two portions of the IST, do you believe they will cut me some slack and let me ship, or not? Or do you guys (Marines - there are female Marines on this forum also, me being one of them) possibly have a tip for me to put out that last pull up needed in order to ship in a week?

I know I'm probably going to get lots of **** for only being able to knock out 4 pull ups, but please give me your thoughts. Thank you for reading

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lisa 23; 07-19-13 at 08:34 PM.

Moved to the Ask A Marine forum. Not all Marines have posting priviledges in the poolee forum.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    put out a max effort and muster up every last bit of strength you have

I won't give you too much of a hard time for only being able to do 4 pullups, all I will say is after bootcamp and into the fleet that is UNACCEPTABLE

It's not your recruiter's call. The Commanding Officer of your recruiting district is the one who sets the minimum IST scores for that district. They do this as a "fudge factor" to be sure you'll pass the IST at bootcamp. Can't offer any tips at this stage of the game. You'll either do enough to pass or you won't. Good luck and let us know.

Thank you Marines for the feedback. I'm working hard to get that last pull up out.

UPDATE: I went in my back yard and pushed out 7 pull ups and took a 20 second rest, than I pushed out 4 more. So I believe I'm good if I keep doing pull ups through out the week, adding negatives to the end of each work out. As well as keep my diet. So I think I'm good to go.

Thread Information