A question on MOSs
Create Post

A question on MOSs

Hello, I'm new here and I was just wanting a little info on my situation here. I also have plans to speak with my recruiter on this matter on Thursday.

My parents just recently signed for consent for me to enlist and I can expect to go to MEPS some time next week. But I have a question.

I've always wanted to be infantry. I always planned to be an infantry officer since I plan to go to college. But, with what I'm doing, I'm enlisting in the reserves so I can get all my schooling done and get my degree. And my recruiter told me that there were no infantry reserve units. So, he got me kind of interested in combat engineer. As cool of a job it sounds like, I'm still very interested in being an infantry officer. Now, I plan to go active duty when I get out of college and get all the officer training and tests done. So, is there a way that I can change my MOS from combat engineer to infantry officer at any time after I go active duty?

Any input is very appreciated and I thank all Marines here for their service to the US. Thank you.

Similar Threads:

If you are enlisted and go officer, you will get the chance to change your MOS.

Thank you for the info, sir. I will also speak with my recruiter more on this tomorrow because based on the practice ASVABs I've been taking, I may not qualify for combat engineer.

By the way, I forgot to mention it in the original post, my name is Donny Smith.

Thank you very much, sir.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    One thing just to keep in mind, you really don't get to select your MOS as an officer. You'll get a wish list and from that it'll be selected for you by the staff at TBS(if you make it that far). Infantry is in HIGH demand and unless you graduate top of your class at TBS or fall in one of the other zones to be selected for it you could end up with something else.(engineer, tanks/tracks, logistics, comm., etc..)

I never heard of an active duty officer changing MOS's (saw enlisted do it just not officers). Not saying you can't do it; I just don't know.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    I never heard of an active duty officer changing MOS's (saw enlisted do it just not officers). Not saying you can't do it; I just don't know.
    MSgt., I am pretty sure he is talking about going from an enlisted reservist MOS to then commissioning and getting into a new MOS as an active duty officer which is pretty likely.

Thread Information