Question on becoming a Recon Marine
Create Post

Question on becoming a Recon Marine

Hey Marines, wannabe here. Recently took my asvab and my gt score was a 99. I know the requirement is 105. But my recruiter was able to get me a (UH)Infantry Option and told me I can volunteer, if i bust my ass. I want to know if this is true, or do I have to retake the asvab. Thank you

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 07-16-13 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by limaniner View Post
    told me I can volunteer, if i bust my ass.
    He didn't lie - if you bust your ass anything is possible. The USMC is all about heart. Family connections don't matter, what you did before doesn't really matter. When you go in your slate is clean, what goes on it is largely up to you.

good luck.

Thank you

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes it is true but why don't you retake the test anyway ?

Best of luck to you.

Don't know about Recon Marine but some MOS GT scores are waiverable (by a couple points normally). My niece submitted a one point GT score waiver for intel and it came back approved (she decided later not to ship to bootcamp because she did not want to leave her highschool boyfriend and was discharged from her DEP). Talk to your recruiter about a waiver before retaking the ASVAB.

Thats the problem, I asked but they said I cant. Its only because they fear I might score low or even worse fail. Im not worried about the UZ contract and the enlistment bonus. Im just curious if I could ever volunteer even if my gt score isn't high enough. By the way, points aren't waiver-able for a UZ.

Thread Information