Sequestration
Create Post

Thread: Sequestration

Sequestration

Earlier this month at a news conference, the commandant stated if sequestration is still around next year, the USMC will have no choice but to cut an additional 8000 boat spaces over time. He emphasized it is not a good idea and he does not want to do it. He said they know where the cuts would come from around the country and what kinds of units will be affected. These additonal cuts would drop the Corps to 174000 end strength. The USMC has gone from a peak of 202,100 to 182,100 by the fall of 2016 (does not take into account the additional cuts if sequestration hangs around next year).

The Army will lose 10 brigade combat teams and will go from 541,000 soldiers to 480,000 by the fall of 2017. Again, more will be cut if sequestration stays around.

Similar Threads:

I remember when I was in, 92-96, Clinton had just come into office and the numbers were supposed to go down from 220k to 120k. Don't know if it went that deep though.

We send billions in foreign aid but can't afford to keep our service personnel gainfully employed.

Re-enlisting is competitive as is. It's going to be damn near impossible if this **** keeps up.

Every time a proggie is in the White House, the DoD becomes a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Every time a proggie is in the White House, the DoD becomes a target.
    I am not an Obama supporter and did not vote for the man but I believe this is more of a Congressional deal and not so much the POTUS but could be wrong.

As much as I dislike the man, his Vets Employment Initiative was a nice touch.

Thread Information