can i FAP or get out of my section?
Create Post

can i FAP or get out of my section?

is there any way i can get out of the section I am in? Any possible way? I do no want to be with this section anymore, the NCO's are immature, Ignorant, impossible to be understanding, can't talk to them about your problems, and all they do is stress me out, and affect the way I work, can't stand it anymore and I'm looking for a way to get out of it and do something, anything, but be with that section...

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your profile is a little thin. You might want to fix that.

Anything is possible. Have you talked to your command about a transfer or a FAP slot? Nobody here can do that for you. Remember too, the old saying about the grass looking greener on the other side of the fence.

I will, I just joined this site, but my main focus is, all I have to do is ask? and is it for sure that i can get FAP'd or is it Unit Discretion?

Are you an NCO?

Negative, I'm a Lance Corporal.

Dude ( Marine ) your ****ing screwed, your best bet is either talk to your SNCO (maybe OIC?) or the company office to see if there are any available billets that you can fill. Those are your two best bets because if either are unable to help you then there is pretty much nothing you can do, except wait until your contract expires.

But yah no one cares about your problems or wha's stressing you out, that's pretty much the Marine Corps.

OOHHH damn your motor T mech? AHHh son its far worst then I thought. You cant even talk to your SNCO let alone your company office. Maybe if your lucky you have a compassionate Sergeant but from the sound of things you don't. Well good luck and make sure to update us on your struggles young one.

Remember now keep that motivation up! Even if its fake motivation.

Don't you have a Company Gunny or 1stSgt you can talk to? You're in a sticky situation; you don't want to be labled a "whiner" but if the NCO's are as poor as you say they are the SNCO's need to be made aware (if they are not already) and do something about it. Are there other junior enlisted Marines who feel the same way or are you the only one? There is a better chance of changes being made if others see the same things you see. If not, then I'm afraid you're stuck and you'll just have to suck it up.

Jared1992,
    Despite what BGW has said, there are people that care about what you have going on.

Don't try to skirt around the chain of command by going directly to your OIC. Talk to your most senior Sergeant first. If that doesn't work, try your Staff Sergeant, then the Gunny, so on and so forth. If you try to jump over them they are going to be upset. Not becuase you told the OIC about your probelm, but becuase you didn't give them the oppurtunity to try and fix it.

Be professional, be tactful, be respectful, be truthful and talk to your leaders. It is possible that your more senior Sgts and SNCOs aren't even aware of what's going on.

I just EAS'd after 8 years with the last 3 or so of that time serving as a Sgt and work center supervisor. If you have any more questions, post them here or PM me.

Look , Just Volunteer for any where when something come up ask for the chance to be T.A.D. or shipped to Japan ,or Afghanistan any place but there..Don't know where your station at but for me Quantico,Va. was good duty along with Japan. but before you go slamming your NCO's make damn sure your chit don't stink .. make sure you know your MOS I was a 3516,3521, 3531 also. If you know your job them go for the transfer..

Last edited by Marine1955; 06-22-13 at 03:47 PM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just Hang Tuff Lance Coolie Chit I was sent to THE WORST Marine duty station in the Free World after recovering from a heavy Dose of Lead.No Biggy got busted 3 X's from CPL every time they thought they could F**K with Me believe Me they did! See it wasn't a Grunt unit and I was doing their Jobs! Just do as Your told and Smile do not become a Rat cause I'm telling yah there's nothing Worse than a REMFER than an E4 with his Nose so Far up their Ass he can smell E5 just tough the Pricks out Hell I did Two of the A$$Holes self destructed! Don't do Anything Stupid believe it not there are even Wrench NCO's that got their Chit 2gether GodBless you Son and Hang I'm there Marine show them what your made of Semper Fi

It's the Marine Corps way. Maybe you can become a police sgt.

Every now and then it will come down from higher up (level 3/level 4 command) that FAPs are needed for things like the armory, rifle and pistol range, sweeper on the flight deck, career planner, SACO, detachments and MEUs, etc. My best advice to you is to make friends with your S-3 (or G-3/C-3 depending on your command). Make sure you make friends with the operations section and not the training. They will hook you up on any future FAPs needed, any detachments and MEUs coming up that require a few Marines, etc. I would then go to your SNCOIC and talk to him about wanting to do something to further improve your career as a Marine. Also inform him that S-3 said they have spots available for whatever the case may be. If you ask, you shall receive. Or else they will randomly give it to someone to fill the spot. Companies are required to give up names and its a rotation. You might even be able to stay in that FAP permanently. I know a Sgt who got FAPd to the range and was only supposed to be there a year. He's going on 2 years right now.

If I were you, Id FAP to the range. You get off around 12 everyday; if not sooner on somedays.

RAH

Quote Originally Posted by Jared1992 View Post
    is there any way i can get out of the section I am in? Any possible way? I do no want to be with this section anymore, the NCO's are immature, Ignorant, impossible to be understanding, can't talk to them about your problems, and all they do is stress me out, and affect the way I work, can't stand it anymore and I'm looking for a way to get out of it and do something, anything, but be with that section...
    Bloom where you're planted. In life, there are factors you can control, factors you can influence, and factors you cannot.

Factors beyond your control:

- Immaturity of NCOs.
    - Section you're assigned to.

Factors you can control:
    - Individual performance.
    - Attitude: It's difficult to have a good attitude when you have bad leadership, but press on the fight. The best Marines and best leaders will thrive regardless of their circumstances. Go above and beyond.

Factors you can influence:
    - Relationships with your peers and NCOs. Be diplomatic. I understand you may be demoralized. I have had bad leadership as well, but don't stoop to their level by sulking and being a bad performer.
    - Promotions: Have NCOs that you don't get along with? Get promoted, then you won't have to deal with their garbage. Unless your MOS is closed, Corporal and Sergeant promotions are all based on a numerical cutting score. As long as you crush the PFT, shoot well on the range, and get good pro/cons, you'll get promoted ahead of your peers. Maybe your Platoon Sergeant/OIC will even notice you and put you up for a meritorious board.

As for being unable to talk to your NCOs, if that is the case, they have failed as leaders. There is no rule against knocking on your Staff Sergeant or Lieutenant's door and asking if you may chat with them.

Of course, they'll ask you - "does Corporal/Sergeant XYZ know about this?", to which you'll reply "yes".

Somebody is going to get a tongue lashing, and it's not going to be you.

I hope this helps.

- Sonny

Hang in there and try to make the best of it. It doesn't get any better when you get to E-8. I have had some relly bad Commanders and some really good ones. Try to do and say things that are veiwed as in the best interest of the organization. If you can't do that then don't say anything.

Thread Information