comfort for my wife
Create Post

comfort for my wife

Does anyone have any good information to comfort my wife.. I am 24 years old and wanting to earn the title Marine... I cannot really find any information for her to encourage my decision to join.. We have a 2 year old and she is about two years away from having a bachelors degree in Nursing. I am afraid to wait for her to graduate, Bc it may be too late for me to achieve my dream of serving this country and being A Marine!!! If anyone has any web links that would help ease her mind as I left for Parris Island that would bne very appreciative!

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Rowsey
    More detail needed in your profile !

There is no "silver Bullet " that will change a females mind !
    (how long you been together ? )

There are female Marines -- wives--- Mothers --- other on this site she could
    Read the posts of

Have you spoken with a recruiter. I am sure one of them would be glad to speak with your wife about life in the Corps. Good luck to you.

About 2 years, But we was together in high school for about a year and some change. Uts rough for her to imagine me serving. None of her family has served.. her family all work white collar job where my whole family has served but me!!!( and ive tried to put more details in but what more should i do to my profile?)

If I were your wife, I would worry more when you are out riding your motorcycle than you being in the Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rowsey54 View Post
    About 2 years, But we was together in high school for about a year and some change. Uts rough for her to imagine me serving. None of her family has served.. her family all work white collar job where my whole family has served but me!!!( and ive tried to put more details in but what more should i do to my profile?)

Your profile looks OK to me now. It was a little light on details previously. We like to know who we are talking with.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would go and speak to a Marine Recruiter first about you, then tell him/her your Wifes concerns.

The Recruiter would be more than happy to come to your house for a sit down with you both and perhaps that will ease her mind.

You are getting way ahead of yourself here.
    You are 24, married, child, the Marine Corps is downsizing.

Speak with a Recruiter first.

Best of luck.

Credits
    Savings
    As I see it ---your first responsibility is to your family.
    Secondary is achieving a goal(s) you want.

Talk to your wife honest and openly
    Bad things as well as the good. Get a recruiter involved ( excellent previous post)
    Make the decision based on logic.
    If this will destroy your marriage, is it worth it ?

To be honest I would let the wife get her nursing degree and license first then join the Marine Corps. then she has a steady job and no worries just in case they don't take you, you will be set. GOOD LUCK Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Thread Information