Confederate flags banned from City Cemetery in Jacksonville - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've asked you in another post. You wouldn't answer. Are you or aren't you a member of the Jacksonville, Texas Marine Corps League.

If you are; he is entitled to know what you're saying about the League there, and given the opportunity to defend himself; and if you aren't you need to know all the facts.

Hey Hammer,

No, I am not a member of the J'Ville MCL. I did notify everyone in our detachment about it, asking that someone say something to them.

No replies.

Well it's not really about a "liberal education" or anything like that. It's the fact that the Confederate flag is a symbol of hatred, racism, oppression, and enslavement of other human beings. Just like the Nazi flag. The Confederate flag shouldn't be allowed to be displayed and it should be either banned or burnt.

DEREK

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    NOT Let's Ban the Muslim Flag I shall come up with many more things we shall Ban after I get some Work done Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke7051 View Post
    Well it's not really about a "liberal education" or anything like that. It's the fact that the Confederate flag is a symbol of hatred, racism, oppression, and enslavement of other human beings. Just like the Nazi flag. The Confederate flag shouldn't be allowed to be displayed and it should be either banned or burnt.

DEREK
    Well... I guess that's one opinion....

1 thing that I have observed is that those of you that are so misinformed as to the meaning of the "Stars and Bars" have never once stated, in any of your posts, any distain for the muslim flags. That little omission leaves a great big hole in your credibility as to the meaning of flags. It seems that ya'll choose your pc arguments well.

Burke - I don't like your avatar - Burn It.

Here's my take on this issue. If you or your friends don't like the Confederate Stars and Bars, I don't give a sheet. It's your problem, not mine. I've run across sheet stirrers all my life; they have one common trait. All mouth; ( must be related to Conch; wait one of them is Conch's friend).

If you want me to quit flying my Confederate Stars and Bars; come take it down. This is one redneck hillbilly you don't want to fook with. The Westboro Church found that out, and spent three days in jail, when they were going to protest a Marines death.

Last edited by ChuckH; 05-28-13 at 01:45 PM. Reason: :)

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    1 thing that I have observed is that those of you that are so misinformed as to the meaning of the "Stars and Bars" have never once stated, in any of your posts, any distain for the muslim flags. That little omission leaves a great big hole in your credibility as to the meaning of flags. It seems that ya'll choose your pc arguments well.

Burke - I don't like your avatar - Burn It.
    The muslims have a flag? Is that what they wrap around their heads? (J/K)

Seriously, I have no idea what the muslim flag looks like. And I don't care, because it isn't something I'm going to be honoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer3 View Post
    Here's my take on this issue. If you or your friends don't like the Confederate Stars and Bars, I don't give a sheet. It's your problem, not mine. I've run across sheet stirrers all my life; they have one common trait. All mouth; ( must be related to Conch; wait one of them is Conch's friend).

If you want me to quit flying my Confederate Stars and Bars; come take it down. This is one redneck hillbilly you don't want to fook with. The Westboro Church found that out, and spent three days in jail, when they were going to protest a Marines death.
    Getting a little off track, I think, Hammer.

I am just pointing out 2 things:
    1. I do not think the government should be paying for Confederate Flags
    2. These Marines had no clue the Confederate Flag offends many people

Apparently, these Marines also includes a number of THESE Marines as well.

I mean seriously think about this. How many Black Men have you ever, ever, EVER seen displaying a Confederate Flag?

Do you think that is because they are not against government control or because they view it as a racist slap back to slavery?

Come on. Seriously. Think deep about that one.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Think Afro Americans have a Helluva lot more 2 worry about than a RedNeck Yahoo waving around the Stars & Bars! More like Bigots hiding behind Ole Glory that live in Glass Houses

There is no "Muslim flag". The closest flag there is to a "Muslim flag" would probably be the Saudi Arabian flag, since it prominently displays the Shahada on a field of green, the color of Islam. Other than that, there really isn't a specific "Muslim flag" that represents the whole religion.

DEREK

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	24959

DEREK

Nice try. Half of the flags in that link are flags of majority Muslim countries. They don't necessarily represent the Islamic religion per se. Like I said, there isn't really a flag that wholly represents all of Islam. Especially since there are so many branches of the faith, just like in Christianity.

DEREK

Credits
    Savings
    Hey Derek..

Didja go and get married on us and didn't tell ????
    You little a$$hole....I hope she's better than you
    deserve. And you two have a long , happy , life together.
    You little DINK...
    /Ed

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Most Black people could give a shet less about the Confederate flag. It's your radical people that keeps racism in the main stream. When the blacks were freed, most stayed right where they were. Still worked for the same people. Most even took the last name of the ones they worked for. Alot of their ancestors are still there and call those states that enslaved them home. It's the shet heads of their race that keeps trying to take revenge on Whitey. Every race has it's 10%.....you know what I mean, Derek. Until people learn to forget and forgive......there will always be hatred in this Country, and it's polluting our young people.

Thread Information