Confederate flags banned from City Cemetery in Jacksonville - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    By the way, there's a crossroads store just south of the main gate to Shiloh Battlefield where they sell nothing but Confederate flags, hats, clothing, keep-sakes and such. There's a similar store close to Pontotoc Mississippi. The owners have told me that most of their sales are to visitors from up north, who would have thought.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Redneck wannabes????? LOL

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Something else J.P. Us so called Rednecks, have fought in every war since America was founded. The freedom we fought for is not limited to those who are offended by our actions. Here's a little piece of history for you. When the Civil war started, the Marine Corps seperated . Most officers going to the North, and the enlisted going to the South. The only time in the Corps history, that a Marine unit surrendered.......was a Northern Marine unit surrendering to the South.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    Am I the only one here who feels that a person who displays a Confederate Flag is openly stating they want to go back to having slaves?
    I'm back for a moment.....You might be but even if you are right and there are those who think that way, it's their right to think it. Let's be honest, blacks can have a black firefighters assn and a black police officers and the black muslins can want a section of the country given to them for blacks only but if a white person advocates the same things for whites, its racist...that's what has a lot of people upset...it's called a double standard and it seems to be getting more and more biased against the white race as time goes on.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Southern Born & Southern Bred I fly Ole Glory The Stars & Bars & The USMC Flag all on the same Pole. Go Easy Semper Fidelis

Were the Confederate dead interred at J'ville Marine Corps League members?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    It's shet like this, that keeps racism going strong! Most Confederate vets fought because of their loyalty to their home states. They were not putting their life on the line so some rich plantation owner could have slaves. The Confederate flag was a symbol of unity of the states that succeded. There isn't one person alive today that had black slaves, nor is there any black person alive today that was a slave. It shows a complete lack of character to keep beating a dead horse.

The way I see it, having the US Government buy Rebel Flags for Confederate Vets equates to expecting our government to buy Jap flags for the Japanese, Indian flags for Native Americans, etc.

I have honor and respect for the Confederates who fought and died just like I have respect for American Indians, etc.

Credits
    Savings
    WHY would they buy INDIAN flags for
    North American Aboriginals ???
    or the NORTH American Indigenous

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aboriginal
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/indigenous

Who'd wanna buy a Slave ??

Even the smartest examples like
    Obama, and Holder .....

NAHHH...I'll pass , Thank You
    Cotton ain't worth what it used to be.
    And OSHA is difficult to explain...

Name:  racist.gif
Views: 614
Size:  172.6 KB

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I don't think the Government should pay for the flags either. And I don't personally think, they did. But, instead of you expressing your belief that the Government should not do so.....you showed your azz, by saying anyone that would do so, is openly saying he is all for the KKK, and believes he is superior to all races, and that they embrace the slavery of blacks.....thus making them back woods, redneck hill-billies. As long as there is people like you around, with your blind outlook........there will always be racism. You failed to see the reason behind the action.

Credits
    Savings
    If the gov. is paying for flags for those that fought for the north they should pay for those who fought for the south. If we have any of the french or any other country's men who fought for us in the revolutionar or any other wars, they should be honored with the flags of their country just as the french honor our dead at Normandy.

The way I see it, having the US Government buy Rebel Flags for Confederate Vets equates to expecting our government to buy Jap flags for the Japanese, Indian flags for Native Americans, etc.

I have honor and respect for the Confederates who fought and died just like I have respect for American Indians, etc.
    Frankly, you're entitled to your opinion however wrong it may seem. However, your last sentence is a bunch of shtt. You have no respect for Confederates or Indians, because if you did, you wouldn't have stirred this **** up.

Am I the only one here who feels that a person who displays a Confederate Flag is openly stating they want to go back to having slaves?
    Nope.... I agree with you. I equate the Confederate Flag right up along there with the Nazi flag, it is a symbol of pure evil and hatred and it should be banned.

All this "Heritage not Hate" bullsh!t is a bunch of crap.

DEREK

Looks like they left out a lot of history and respect in ya'lls education. I wonder what else was left out. Example, always wanting to ban what you don't agree with is simply a sign of ya'lls liberal educations. Not well rounded at all.

History is written by the winners.

I know the KKK adopted the Rebel Flag and gave it a new meaning for the rest of the world.

To expand on Burke's contribution, the swastika was a great symbol until the Nazis ruined it.

My biggest and original objection, however, was that this MCL chapter wanted the government pay for offending flags.

Here is a Confederate Rebel Flag for $15

And below, Duke posts history of the KKK, opening with "The Ku Klux Klan was founded in 1865 by Confederate veterans of the Civil war.":

Ref: Church of American Knights

There are many people who live their lives thinking the Confederate Flag is a symbol that they are some James Dean style Rebel Without a Cause. However, they should know how others are interpreting the message being presented by that flag.

Thread Information