Wannabee Marine / Navy Corpsman
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Wannabee Marine / Navy Corpsman

Hello Marines !
    I've kinda been lurking in the shadows a bit , but now i have some questions if you could try and please answer them

Anyway i really want to join the millitary , I'm deciding between the Marines and the Navy . Marines -infantry and Navy - corpsman in a Marine unit .

So basically i have until next years summer to get in the best possible shape for the PT . I'm aiming to score somewhere in the top 10% .

Currently I'm trying to get my PT scores up , my current scores are
    Pull ups - 5
    Push ups 32
    Sit ups - 68
    Crunches -50
    Run = no idea .

I'm a pretty big guy 6"2 180lbs

I'm currently on stronglifts 5x5
    135 bench and squat
    95 shoulder press
    No deadlifts

So what I'm asking is what's the best way to train for military PT'S ?
    It doesn't seem like 5x5 is helping me that much in that category .

P.S - I have a ton of respect for you guys (Marines) out there , and I'm hoping one day to "earn" the title of an Marine .

Any help in this topic is ap preciated , thanks a ton !

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lisa 23; 05-07-13 at 08:35 PM.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    6'2" 180lbs is not pretty big, you probably have a lot of body fat. At that size you should be putting up more weight and have better numbers than what you posted. Which again leads me to the conclusion that you have very little lean muscle mass.

here is what you should do....

start running, start out slow for a few miles and gradually work your way up to going faster and longer.

pull ups, get on that bar and don't get off until you literally cant even hang there anymore

crunches, do crunches until you can't do any more

see what I am getting at here, working out and doing exercises needed for the military(any branch) is not rocket science. There is no special advice I or anyone else can give you really. You just need to stick to the basics and push yourself past your comfort zone every time you work out. You will see results if you do this, trust me!

The information on Navy Corpsman is here... http://www.corpsman.com/forum/forum.php

The reality is you would join the Navy and there are no guarantees you would be assigned to a Marine "combat" unit.

Thread Information