Am I old enough to talk to a Recruiter?
Create Post

Am I old enough to talk to a Recruiter?

I am currently 15 years old and will be 16 in a couple of weeks. I know I can't enlist for another year but I have a lot of questions that I feel can only be answered by a recruiter in person. I am almost done with my freshman year in highschool and I won't graduate till I'm 18 (almost 19).

Will they even talk to me? Or should I wait another year since I would not be able to go to Boot Camp til I'm 19?

Thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 05-07-13 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey888 View Post
    Will they even talk to me?
    Go talk to them, they are regular people, put their pants on the same way you and I do. And in the business of talking to people who are interested in joining the Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Marine Corps has boot camp NOT basic...

Go talk to them, they are regular people, put their pants on the same way you and I do. And in the business of talking to people who are interested in joining the Marines.
    All right, that's kinda what I thought. But I had read somewhere that they won't talk to you unless your 17 or if your 16 and a junior in high school. But that must be wrong.
    The Marine Corps has boot camp NOT basic...
    Sorry man,( Marine ) I've seen it called so many things before it's hard not to get confused. And my dad was in the Army so whenever I ever heard anything about any kind of recruit training it was "basic training", so that kinda stuck in my head.

But thanks for your replies guys (Marines ), I appreciate them.

Last edited by Rocky C; 05-07-13 at 04:13 PM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So why do you say your 15 and yet your profile says you are about to turn 19??
    Also you say your in HS but in your profile you say your occupation is warehouse/construction..
    Something smells fishy...

.... What? I'm positive I put in my right birthday, which is May 28th, 1997. I work for my grandpa at his warehouse right now and with his construction business part time after school and in the Summer. I don't think there's anything weird about a 15 year old having a job? I don't know where my profile says I'm about to turn 19 though, I'll change it if I find it.

Edit: I do not know why my birthday says May 28th, 1994. I'm positive I put in May 28th, 1997. But I don't know, someone could have changed it. If you can change it back to avoid future confusion, please do it.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Fixed. May 28th, 1997...Perhaps you made a mistake, you never mentioned that option...

Thanks, I guess that's possible. But the fours a ways away from the 7 on the keyboard so I don't know. Just glad to have it squared away.

You're supposed to be a junior to be eligible to talk to a recruiter. Nothing says you can't try though; all they can do is tell you to come back when you're eligible.

Let us know what they tell you for future reference.

I talked to a recruiter at 7 yrs old, He said come back in 10 yrs to sign a contract.

I went back at 14 to a different recruiter and he told me what I needed to do, I already had the picked the job I wanted - being a Marine.

Did it again at 16 since I was a Jr and senior during that age and picked to be a grunt.

It won't hurt to try, Some recruiter don't want to be bothered.

I had cool ones ( mostly SSgt and GySgts) I had spoke during those times.

S/F,
    CEYA!

Thread Information