Help please i need to make weight for MEPs before i ship out
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Help please i need to make weight for MEPs before i ship out

I currently weigh 181 i have lost 10 pounds since my first trip to MEPs when i DEP'd in. I need to weigh under 170 before my ship date. Can anyone help me? Tips, advice, anything that would help me shed about 11 lbs before my ship date?

Similar Threads:

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My ship date is 20130528

You aren't going to lose 11lbs in 7 days, it takes time. I know Marines that had to lose weight because of either too much weight in muscle or fat. They took their time exercising, just in the same for me that if I don't keep my exercise up I'll lose muscle. Go on a 3 mile run each day and time yourself, if you don't beat your previous time then run 3 more miles. When you come back, do 10 pull-ups, 15 push-ups, and then do sprints (X amount of given distance, make it far enough to challenge yourself but short enough that you can do it where you are. You might have to do multiple sprints). Repeat the pull-ups, ect. about 5 times.
    I do this exercise when I'm home on liberty just to stay in shape for when I come back on base.

I'm expecting you'll have problems with this exercise. If you have trouble running, don't walk just slow down. If you have trouble doing pull-ups, either get an assist from a friend or stop and go back up until you finish your set. Everything else is very feasable. Just challenge yourself don't give yourself an easy exercise.

As someone who has had to cut weight for weigh ins, I have personally lost 14 lbs in 4 days for one weigh in and 13 lbs in 4 days for another weigh in. You can drop 11 pounds in the 5 days you have left. But you will have to severely restrict your caloric intake (I took in less than 600/day) for the first 3 days and don't eat anything the last day. Also, I drank very little water the last two days before weighing in.
    I did only cardio. An hour on the Elliptical and an hour on the Treadmill to be exact. And the last day I spent about an hour (on and off) in the sauna after my workout. Do not do any resistance exercises (push ups/pull ups etc.) only cardio. Your muscles will retain water as a result of performing these resistance exercises.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding response Chris.
    Couldn't have said it better myself Brother.

Just to ad, No Salt !!!

You can do it...

Best of luck to you, see you in a little over 3 months.

Thanks Rocky C! We really need to change the way we implement the height/weight program. "The tape test", is the worst method and we need to change it for the betterment of the institution.

Well, back in 08 I was in the same situation. My recruiter had me run for hours and then not eat or drink anything before weigh in. I dropped a good amount of weight hahahaha

Thread Information