veteran-organization-exec-pay
Create Post

Thats why I quit donating.

This is what the veterans found. Compare the totals to Secretary Shinseki’s compensation of $200,000:

Name of Key Individual

Total Compensation

DAV

2011 Form 990

Arthur Wilson

$353,519

Barry Jesinoski

$346,450

Christopher Clay

$325,890

J. Marc Burgess

$263,185

Anita Blum

$254,726

Joseph Violante

$250,520

Garry Augustine

$240,358

David Gorman

$208,130

William Saunders

$160,458

Total

$2,403,236

VFW

2010 Form 990

Lawrence Maher

$238,513

Robert Wallace

$223,410

Allen Kent

$219,142

Robert Greene

$197,028

John McNeill

$171,980

Richard Eubank

$163,679

Richard Denoyer

$149,741

Richard Kolb

$146,664

Thomas Tradewell

$146,269

Total

$1,656,426

American Legion

2011 Form 990

Daniel Wheeler

$232,177

William Justis

$163,871

Peter Gaytan

$151,735

Philip Onderdon

$151,183

Jeffrey Brown

$149,991

Patsy Waltz

$138,341

John Querfeld

$109,513

George Buskirk

$77,291

Jimmie Foster

$68,726

Total

$1,242,828

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I am a Life Member of the DAV.

I agree, that's alot of money to be paid but I will also add that I do not know what each job entails to justify that kind of pay to be honest with you all and I am Not condoning it in the least bit.

They were there when I needed them and in return I wrote them a 1 time check for my Life Membership and I Volunteer to help any Veteran who needs it.

I don't get paid and I wouldn't take it anyway...Just Paying it Forward to those you need it and deserve it the most... Our Nations Disabled American Veterans and their Families...

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Last edited by Rocky C; 04-25-13 at 04:24 PM.

I am sorry but iam ****ed off about their salaries, i respect and honor them for getting hurt for our country, but when people like me and my gulf war brothers and sister try for disability and dont get it is it because these people are getting such hugh salaries i am sorry but it is rediculous . I am only living on 200 dollars a month for food stamps, i think i diserve a disability rating but because of these people salary i betthat is why azlot of our disability rating is turned away. Anyway semper fi and godbless my brothers and sisters stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

Veteran Service Organizations salaries are not paid by the Department oif Veterans Affairs.

Credits
    Savings
    No they're paid by the vets who join these organizations, vets who give of their time and lives for free to help other vets while these pond scum get paid millions and that's even worse. I just retired and inquired about being a driver for the DAV. I just sent them a message that I'll do it for the same hourly rate as these hero's....I'm waiting for my approval....it might be a long wait

Thank you spots, I apologize , Semper Fi and Godbless my brother STEPHEN dOC Hansen hm3 fmf

Sorry for misspelling Spotts

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Doc it took Me over 35 years to get a Primary Physician and I was medically Discharged for Wounds Received in Action not Misconduct! I hope you can hang in there Brother GodBless you.Rocky your a Rare exception Brother than the Norm I've been dealing with all 3 Service Organizations for most of My Adult Life and it was a real Bear Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "For Wounds received In The Line of Duty not Misconduct" as actually Stated S/F

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DAV Announces Retirement of
    National Adjutant Arthur H. Wilson

National Headquarters Executive Director Marc Burgess named successor

WASHINGTON (April 16, 2013) – DAV announced today that after nearly 50 years of service to the organization and 19 years in his current post, Arthur H. Wilson will retire as the organization’s CEO and National Adjutant effective May 31, 2013.

DAV’s current National Headquarters Executive Director, J. Marc Burgess, has been appointed to become the new CEO and National Adjutant. Mr. Wilson, a 47-year DAV Life Member, will remain an active member of the organization.

Mr. Wilson, a disabled Vietnam veteran of the U.S. Air Force, was appointed CEO and National Adjutant of the 1.2 million-member DAV in June, 1994. As DAV’s highest-ranking staff member, Mr. Wilson led, on average, 650 employees while managing the overall operations for the organization, one of America’s largest and most respected veterans service organizations.

Mr. Wilson, the first Vietnam veteran to join the ranks of DAV’s National Service Program, began his career in 1966 as a National Service Officer Trainee in Atlanta, Georgia. He completed assignments in Buffalo and Philadelphia and later as a supervisor in Syracuse, New Orleans and Boston and the Board of Veterans Appeals Office in Washington, D.C. In 1979, he became DAV’s Chief of Claims at National Service and Legislative Headquarters. In 1981, Mr. Wilson was appointed as National Service Director and, 12 years later, was named Executive Director.

Additionally, Mr. Wilson is also the President of the Disabled Veterans’ LIFE Memorial Foundation, working to erect the American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial in the nation’s capital. He is also a member of the Advisory Council for the Intrepid Museum Foundation.

From the start of his appointment as CEO and National Adjutant, Mr. Wilson tirelessly immersed himself in the business of transforming DAV and prudently building a stronger national organization. He is largely credited with increasing DAV’s net worth by 422 percent over a 10-year period and with charting the organization’s path to serving the nation’s veterans well into the future.

Annually, DAV assists with more than 300,000 claims for benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs in addition to operating a free transportation network, volunteerism programs, legislative advocacy and other initiatives.

Throughout his career, Mr. Wilson has been dedicated to welcoming and mentoring talented veterans from different generations to DAV, including his successor, Marc Burgess.

Mr. Burgess began his career with DAV in 1995. He served as a second class petty officer in the U.S. Navy from 1987-1992, when he was medically discharged.

Mr. Burgess has served DAV as a National Appeals Officer at the Board of Veterans Appeals, National Service Office Supervisor, Appellate Counsel before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, Associate and Assistant National Service Director and Director of Human Resources before his promotion to Assistant Executive Director and, subsequently, Executive Director of National Headquarters.

“It is with a heavy yet hopeful heart that I accept the retirement of Art Wilson, who has given a large part of his life to serving DAV and his fellow veterans,” said DAV National Commander Larry Polzin. “He has helped build a solid foundation for the future, and with his recommendation, I have absolute confidence in appointing Marc Burgess as DAV’s next National Adjutant.”

DAV empowers veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. It is dedicated to a single purpose: fulfilling our promises to the men and women who served.

DAV does this by ensuring that veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them; fighting for the interests of America’s injured heroes on Capitol Hill; and educating the public about the great sacrifices and needs of veterans transitioning back to civilian life. DAV, a non-profit organization with 1.2 million members, was founded in 1920 and chartered by the U.S. Congress in 1932.

Thank you Jack, I don't understand you earned the purple Heart and they screwed you for 35 years before you got a primary Care Doctor? What was their problem.? I consider my problem minial to any purple heart recipient, Anyone who get wounded deserves more than I do , They and you are my Heros, so I really feel like an a hole now . I send my sincere apology to all. Semper Fi and god bless you Jack Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Doc You YoungBucks are My Hero's I just don't wanna see a new Crop of Vets get screwed like they did some of Us! But when I look @ the Suicide rate now and read about what You have too go through it saddens Me. Actually I was pretty Lucky 'cause if they had of given me a Doctor back then I probably would have been so Doped up that I could not of gone out and Dug ditches to feed my Family and Yes I Dug Ditches at one time just to put Food on our Table.But no Biggy I survived the BUSH I suppose I can just about handle anything even the VA.Goodluck 2 you Doc hang in there the Best that You can and I will Pray for You and your Brothers and Sisters whom have to go through this! Semper Fi your Friend Jack

Thread Information