Reporting Into MCT, Garrison or Barracks Cover?
Create Post

Reporting Into MCT, Garrison or Barracks Cover?

Good evening ladies/gentlemen! Soon, I'll be leaving to attend MCT - East, but I have a simple last minute question that I yet to find a definite answer to. When reporting in, do you wear the garrison cover or the barracks cover like on Graduation Day from recruit training? From what I have gathered so far, most sources say I should wear the garrison cover because barracks cover are rarely worn.

Similar Threads:

Wear your garrison cover, and dont worry about reporting in because you wont be doing it till you get to your duty station. There is going to be a lot of people checking in at one time they are going to do it by the numbers.

As for the barracks cover you will pretty much never wear it again besides if you go to court

**** cover.

You wear your most senior uniform when checking into any unit. Therefore, service alphas with barracks cover. I have yet to see a Marine get it correct.

The requirement for reporting in is the Service Alpha uniform (with a fresh haircrut/shave) - either cover will work. Marines normally go with the garrison cover because it's more comfortable and easier to maintain.

I reported in full uniform with barracks cover. I often traveled in full uniform when going to/from leave. I loved wearing full uniform with barracks cover whenever I had the chance to do so. I was always proud of our uniform. I remember one Christmas Eve, I traveled in my dress blues. It was great! Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by maspotente2 View Post
    I reported in full uniform with barracks cover. I often traveled in full uniform when going to/from leave. I loved wearing full uniform with barracks cover whenever I had the chance to do so. I was always proud of our uniform. I remember one Christmas Eve, I traveled in my dress blues. It was great! Semper Fi!
    Todays Marines don't look at things the way we did back then. Not saying we were better; but the attitude is a little different now,

Thread Information