Aviation Ordanance?
Create Post

Aviation Ordanance?

Hello,
    I was wondering if i could be a Marine Aviation Ordananceman if im colorblind? I have not found any evidence to say that i couldn't but want to be sure.

Thanks, Ben

Similar Threads:

--Aircraft Ordnance Technician 6541 --Aviation Ordnance Systems Technician

Must have normal color perception for both MOS's.

Thank you Lisa.
    I was wondering if you know the answer that I have been searching for for a long time! Do you know if Normal Color Vision is the same as Normal Color Perception? Maybe I could get a waiver or something for aviation ordanance.

As I previously mentioned to you in another thread of yours.........you're only 14 years old. You have plenty of time before a recruiter will even talk with you. Here's a plan you should follow......

1. While it's good to have a plan for your future, your main focus right now should be school.....enjoy your high school years.

2. Stay in school, get good grades and graduate. Get that high school diploma.

3. Don't quite school, then you'll need 15 college credits for a GED, which will require a waiver...and waivers are hard to come by these days with the Marine Corps downsizing.

4. Don't get into any trouble.

5. Don't get any tattoos.

6. If you have a girlfriend, don't get her pregnant.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bensparky View Post
    Thank you Lisa.
    I was wondering if you know the answer that I have been searching for for a long time! Do you know if Normal Color Vision is the same as Normal Color Perception? Maybe I could get a waiver or something for aviation ordanance.
    Normal color vision is the same as normal color perception. Aviation ordinance people have to repair and maintain bomb racks, etc. They are electrically operated devices and have color coded wiring inside. Additionally color coding is used on various pieces of ordinance themselves. It's important to know a tracer from some other type of ordinance. Hence the need for normal color vision/perception.

I understand Lisa , but I cant stop thinking about the United States Marine Corps. And whenever I think about it , I ask what im going to be. Ill try to stop. Sorry.
    Zulu , thank you. I thought that color vision was needed not to be colorblind , and I thought perception was the ability to distinquish certain colors. Thank You.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 04-13-13 at 10:27 AM. Reason: It's United States Marine Corps, not United States Marine Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bensparky View Post
    I understand Lisa , but I cant stop thinking about the United States Marine Corps. And whenever I think about it , I ask what im going to be. Ill try to stop. Sorry.
    Zulu , thank you. I thought that color vision was needed not to be colorblind , and I thought perception was the ability to distinquish certain colors. Thank You.
    Don't stop... just keep it in the back of your mind and let it drive the many decisions you will be having over the next coming years.. if it's truly what you want, you'll make that decision. If you don't qualify for Aviation Ordnance, hey, if ya wanna be a Marine that bad, there's plenty of other jobs out there. Lots of my buddies say they hate their life in that job anyways... but then again a lot of people say they hate it... then when they get out they miss it. It's a love-hate relationship I think that everyone experiences.

Ok , Thanks Yonkers! I will use it to my advantage.

There's nothing wrong with having dreams and none of us can take those away from you. I grew up wanting to be a Marine some day just like you. Hopefully, you'll get your shot. It's a small Corps, and getting smaller all the time. Everybody who wants to get in can't. All you can do at this point is be the best student you can be, maintain a healthy body, and don't do anything stupid like knocking up some girl or smoking some wacky weed. There are a lot of traps out there you can fall into which will destroy your dreams and we see it on here all the time. Keep your eyes on the target.

Thread Information