Congressional Inquries into waiver status
Create Post

Congressional Inquries into waiver status

It has been over 6 1/2 months since my disqualification into the Marine Corps. I thought about the Marines every day for who knows how many years now. This is the current situation: My waiver is somewhere in a huge stack of papers, i originally got DQ'd for a hazelnut allergy, several months later it came back saying I have to be off immuneotherapy (Allergy shots). The resubmission has been in for about 1 1/2-2 months or so. The thing is, college acceptance dates are May 1st, it is now April 12th. Which means i have 18 days left all to end in conclusion of whats going to happen. I want to be a Marine first, and then work with college later. I don't know whether I will get a reply from my waiver tomorrow or on the 30th. Here is the next part, I have contacted one of the local offices of my senator to see if they could possibly expedite the waiver process. The only thing they can do is send an inquiry, no expedition. I have gotten different opinions of whether a congressional inquiry to MEPS/my waiver will cause problems, or possibly speed the process up since a Senator is contacting them in my name. Looking for the Marines' opinions from this site, much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Im sure your senator isnt going to do anything for you considering that the Corps is downsizing like a mother at the current time. My suggestion if you cant join the USMC go else where. My brother did and now hes humint in another branch of svc.

Good thing is it should speed up the process. In the fleet, congressional interest matters (CONGRINTS) must be acted on immediately. Basically, everything else is put on hold until an answer can be provided.

Bad thing is it could have an adverse impact on the decision for the waiver in your case. Right or wrong, in the USMC, people who go above their chain of command to resolve an issue are normally viewed as whiners, whistleblowers, or even troublemakers. The individual making the ultimate decision in your case may decide the USMC does not need to take a chance on if you are one of the above and possibly resort to the same tactic sometime in the future. If your waiver is denied, you will not be given a reason so you will never know if, in reality, getting your Senator involved worked against you. It's a big gamble but you have to do what you have to do sometimes. Let us know how this situation works out for you and good luck.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would start the semester and wait it out.

Like Top said, it could work against you.

Best of luck...

Thread Information