Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1450
    MCRD Parris Island, SC
    Platoon 1045
    Feb 21, 1984 - May 11, 1984
    Senior Drill Instructor Jesse Walker
    SSgt. Ainsworth
    Sgt. Dudley
    Sgt. Van Dam (assigned to another platoon part way through)

MCRD San Diego Plt 1101 11.19.1999 Sr Drill instructor Staff Sgt Marquez

MCRD 3rd Recruit Training Battalion Platoon 1060 graduated in June of 1989
    Senior Drill Instructor Sgt Brown - Dark green, mean as hell, like a rattlesnake...but worse! I think he was an armorer. Guy was angry all the time.
    Drill Instructor SSgt Pridget (yes that is right, he got promoted during 3rd phase and our Senior DI took it out on us in spades!) - He was 0300. Tall wirey dark green Marine. Always seemed as smooth as he was tough.
    Drill Instructor Sgt Gilmore - Stocky burly light green Marine. Was 0300 and after DI duty was headed to Recon school. I have absolutely no doubt that he made it!

Where I Did My Boot

I did my boot at PI nov 72 feb 73 Drill instructors were GYSGT Martenz. SSG Bigi, SSG Alford.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtKali View Post
    MCRD 3rd Recruit Training Battalion Platoon 1060 graduated in June of 1989
    Senior Drill Instructor Sgt Brown - Dark green, mean as hell, like a rattlesnake...but worse! I think he was an armorer. Guy was angry all the time.
    Oh yeah! I had that guy - probably 2 platoons or so before you. Platoon 1095, Charlie Company, graduated Nov 11, 1988.

Wished I had a picture of that mean mofo. He wasn't a big guy, but he still walked around all bowed up like a cock ready to attack another rooster.

My drill sergeant every time he got in my face he smelled like camel cigarettes. Im probally only one of a few that got to serve with my drill in a real situation. Drilll sergeant bigi. He turned out to be a pretty decent marine to spend time with. During boot he was just doing his job.

Spaz

Entered boot on June 23, 1983, at Parris Island. ended up in Platton 3068 3rd battallion India Company. Senior DI SSgt Pinada, ASS Sgt Phiffer, Sgt Steakly. Series Commander Capt. Smith.

Remember the Fallen!!

Semper Fi everyone.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockwellrocky1 View Post
    My drill sergeant every time he got in my face he smelled like camel cigarettes. Im probally only one of a few that got to serve with my drill in a real situation. Drilll sergeant bigi. He turned out to be a pretty decent marine to spend time with. During boot he was just doing his job.
    Our series Commander, in boot camp,1st. Lt. Egan. Was a Korean veteran, that came up through the ranks. A few months after I got to Nam ,he was promoted to Captain, and given a rifle co. in the Bn. I was with. In fact he was our brother Fistfu co. commander for a while.

Parris Island Dec 1966-Mar 1967: Staff Sgt. Matheny, Sr Drill Instructor
    Sgt. Stroud
    Sgt. Washington

April 1976 Graduated Parris Island.
    Sgt Walton, Sgt Juliano & Sr DI GySgt Simmons

West Coast

Me, MCRD San Diego. I started out in 1st Bn but got sick and spent a few weeks at the Naval Hospital in town. When I got back to the depot they decided I was weak and lazy and put in PCP (yes, the dreaded pork-chop platoon) which was the best thing they could have done as I was still fairly busted up. Eventually ended up in 2057. Years later, after I mustanged to a Navy "O" I bumped into my old DI. I nearly crapped my drawers when he saluted me! He was a great man and I owe much to him and the others that made me the man I am today.

MCRD San Diego, Aug 1997. Senior DI SSgt Chapman.

MCRD Parris Island Platoon 103 Graduated 5 March 1969. SSGT D.M. Conant, SSGT D.E. Miller, SSGT E.R. O'Connor and SGT W.A. Hamilton

I am trying to find platoon 3031 3rd batallion.1977 bootcamp year book. Any help there marines.

Thread Information