Sound Off - Where did you go to Boot Camp? - Page 85
Create Post
Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1450
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Suffering from dementia can be a good thing.....

Forget who you are today and then meet up again and become friends all over again...... every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Suffering from dementia can be a good thing.....

Forget who you are today and then meet up again and become friends all over again...... every day!
    Yeah PB, you are right. LOL

I've PMed others about it, but didn't have the balls to announce it on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    I've PMed others about it, but didn't have the balls to announce it on the forum.
    I knew I was taking a chance by posting it, but we, as Marines, have never been PC.

I am one who does not have their plt number in my profile, I know that some of you don`t understand how anyone could forget their plt number but I did.
    I went to PI on 19 may 1954 and got out of boot on 6 aug 1954, my senior DI was sgt Flynn and thats is all I remember. I forgot to add that I was in 2ed bn on 2ed deck of the old wooden barracks.

Last edited by silverdollar; 10-24-11 at 07:25 AM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by EGTSpec View Post
    I knew I was taking a chance by posting it, but we, as Marines, have never been PC.
    So, uh... should we all post our info again?

Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    I am one who does not have their plt number in my profile, I know that some of you don`t understand how anyone could forget their plt number but I did.
    I went to PI on 19 may 1954 and got out of boot on 6 aug 1954, my senior DI was sgt Flynn and thats is all I remember. I forgot to add that I was in 2ed bn on 2ed deck of the old wooden barracks.
    I've been trying to help a WWII Guadalcanal vet build an shadowbox and history for his grandkids. He too can't remember what platoon in PI he was with. The man has everything else including some pretty bad ass pic's of him but he does remember his Drill Instructors. He remembers he lived in tents. Those old wooden barracks were still in use for 2nd Bltn in '71 and I guess up until '75, that isn't going to help you.

Anyone interested in looking at page field in the 40's check it out
    http://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/?...d&sp=1&co=fsac

MCRD, PI
    Plt. 4004
    'O' Co
    4th RTBn
    Nov 10, 1997 - Feb 7, 1998

SrDI: GySgt Childs
    DI: Sgt Morris
    DI: Sgt Eflinger

The best damn decison I ever made was joing the Marine Corps....

Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    So, uh... should we all post our info again?

Apparently it's all right. So go ahead, knock yourself out.

1987 in the friggin heat of major "black flag" days...
    3049 I Co...
    Third Herd...Third Battalion..by far the toughest one to make it through due to weekly PT on the confidence course and absent leering eyes of Officer brass and Tops to look out for us recruits.

wouldn't have traded it for any other group.

Jan 1968 Parris Island......3rd Battalion....Disneyland as some have called it however Mickey Mouse wasn't there just a house mouse...Platoon 310 left PI in March 1968 and eventually worked my way to Nam in August of 68 and served with 3rd Tank Battalion 3rd MarDiv until Sept 69 then to Beaufort SC 2nd MAW to finish out my 2 years. I will never regret my time but wish to Hell I would have better note of all the guy's I met in Boot,Nam and elsewhere while in the crotch (Marines). It would be kind of a good feeling to touch base with them.....................all I can remember is faces and not names................That is my biggest regret and sometimes when I think about it ................it is frustrating.............

I remember one Very Hot day in July, it was too hot to drill out on the grinder becuse they put out "Red Flags" as an indicator for D.I.'s, So "Terrible Tylor" marched us down to the quansit huts we used to live in and packed all 65 of us into one hut and closed the windows. He had us stack two foot lockers on top one another and place his chair on the top one. He then climbed up into the chair and called out out repititions as he made us P.T. inside with 125 degree heat as he sat there with a 40 oz. glass of coke over ice and a fan blowing on him. after two hours and six men passing out, We all prayed that the heat never again interupt our drill day's on the grinder.

Last edited by sgthammer; 10-28-11 at 12:47 AM. Reason: My "Trigger Finger" types faster than my brain can comprehind.

MCRD, San Diego CA
    Platoon 1016 (1st RTBN, Bravo Company): 25 Apr 1980 graduation
    1stLt Toolan, Platoon Commander
    GySgt Leland K. Deuel,*Senior Drill Instructor
    GySgt Maximo D. Cordoba
    GySgt Callahan
    SSgt Campbell

Parris Island, SC Plt 2080
    1 Jul '77- 27 Sep '77

SDI- SSgt Sargent
    ADI- Sgt Harrell
    ADI- Sgt Williams