Sound Off - Where did you go to Boot Camp? - Page 84
Create Post
Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1450
    june-sept 1960 platoon 252, SSgt Gonzalez, Sgt Dotts, Sgt Lawler. Lawler was a chubby PITA, ran you around the grinder without running himself. Dotts was cool, and ran with you. SSgt Gonzalez treated you w/ respect, but his expectations were absolute.

platoon 370 Paris Island 1970
    SDI-SSGT.Thurman
    ADI-SGT.Bliss
    ADI-SGT.Veneray

Quote Originally Posted by sgthammer View Post
    Hello Marineguy, I don't understand, is it a good or bad thing ? Should I not have given that info ? I was trying to pass info along to fellow Marines in case any of you recognize those names. Guess I never thought anyone would have the b***s enough to pose as a Marine. Only they know for sure if they are a real scumbag or not.
    Sorry, my post wasn't meant for any one person or a particular post. I was just commenting that there is a wealth of info here for posers to use. That's all I meant....sorry.

"NEVER Apoligize, I'ts a sign of weakness" That phrase always sounded good when John Wayne said it, thought I would give it a try. I have to admit though you are correct. Lets just hope the "Posers" stay out or the Staff of this site catch and weed them out.

Question Amnesia...

I don't know for sure but I think was planet Hell near Brimstone City...

Quote Originally Posted by sgthammer View Post
    "NEVER Apoligize, I'ts a sign of weakness" That phrase always sounded good when John Wayne said it, thought I would give it a try. I have to admit though you are correct. Lets just hope the "Posers" stay out or the Staff of this site catch and weed them out.
    We've had our share of Posers and trolls on this site. But they invariably trip themselves up and are either ostricized by the true Marines, or are run off the site by the Mods. Sure there is a wealth of info. But it is all basically general in nature, and when pressed for details, the posers stumble.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marineguyNY View Post
    You know, It dawned on me that many a poser will get their info from here. Asking a poser who their Drill Instructors were is the easiest way to expose them
    I don't usually have much trust for someone that puts absolutely nothing, as far as info. about their self. Makes me think they don't really have any to put down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I don't usually have much trust for someone that puts absolutely nothing, as far as info. about their self. Makes me think they don't really have any to put down.

lol, you mean "themselves" was that meant for me?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marineguyNY View Post
    lol, you mean "themselves" was that meant for me?
    You'll have to excuse me. I only had a 9th grade education. When I served, love of Country and a warrior attitude, was all you needed to get in the Corps. Why do you think that post was meant for you?

You'll have to excuse me. I only had a 9th grade education. When I served, love of Country and a warrior attitude, was all you needed to get in the Corps. Why do you think that post was meant for you?
    If the "F"oe "Sh"its. As we used to say. "Marine" is always capitalized.

because I didn't fill out my profile? I thought you were dropping a a "subtle hint" and I didn't get past 10th myself before I joined....

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    why havent you filled out a profile?
    disregard, you finally did. I thought you were an E-1 over 40 years in grade

Sound-off Where did you do your boot?

MCRD PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. Sept.11, 1959
    Plt.13A, graduated Oct.23rd. 1959.
    My MOS was 4011 Data Processing
    SSGT.P.J. Smith
    GYSGT.M.A.SABOURIN
    Sgt.C.Lucas
    Cpl.E.M.Gonzales.

It amazes me. I get several e-mails from this thread monthly and one post in particular is from the same person posting the same thing over and over again. I only subscribe to this thread in case an old friend posts here. Not to read the repeated info of someone who is obviously suffering from dementia. Hopefully you read this and realize I am refering to you without me having to use a specific name. Posting your info once should suffice.

Thread Information