Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1450

MCRD Parris Island

Sep 1971 - Nov 1971

SDI - GySgt Pack
    DI - SSG Gaulin
    DI - SSG Tavis

Co H, Plt 3014

MCRD Parris Island - 21Sept. - 15Dec. '81 2nd Battalion, Foxtrot Co., Plt.2082 SDI SSgt.Hunt DI Sgt.Gross DI Sgt. Francis DI Sgt.Bocook I could never get enough of P.I. having lived on base for a good portion of my childhood years. My dad was a drill instructor when I was born at Beaufort Naval in '61. Lived there again in '67 while he was NCOIC at Weapons Training Battalion. I was born to be a Marine! My father retired in '73 as a Sgt.Maj. after a tour in Korea and 2 tours in Viet Nam. He lost his greatest battle of all though to cancer in Nov.'07. Semper Fi Dad!

MCRD Parris Island
    July-August 1965
    Plt 149
    1st Battalion
    SDI: SSGT Cannon
    DI: SGT Gonyeau
    JDI: CPL Fleming

usmcthetop, I just joined this site a couple of days ago. I'm really new to this messaging stuff so bear with me please. I was in plt.2082 "F" Co. and graduated 15Dec.'81 also. Sure would like to share some stories of what I can remember. I all too well remember Sgt.Francis being relieved of duty and remember the why's and other B.S. that went along with it. I was called in to SSgt.Hunt's hooch to give my account of what happened with the recruit involved. I remember saying "the private didn't see anything, Sir!" like it was yesterday. Please reply to GCJackson1981 so we can catch up. I do remember seeing Sgt.Norwood (the "old man" in the platoon) on some website where he was a D.I back in '84. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

parris island
    platoon 370
    june,july,august,1970

P I S C platoon 329 April 1962 S/sgt Kemp --- Sgt Willis --- Sgt Costello

Get Off this Bus

Get those cigarettes and chewing gum out of your mouths now youhave a half heart beat to get off this bus and on the yellow foot prints !

PLT 3082 "MIKE" CO. AUGUST-NOVEMBER 1985 SANDIEGO "Hollywood marine" OOH RAH!!!! thank goodness we had no sand fleas.
    SR.DI...... SSGT WEIN
    JR.DI...... SSGT RIVERA
    ............ SGT NOWAK
    ............ SGT MIMS
    TAN, SUN-N-SURF (albeit from a distance) BOY THAT AIRPORT WAS A SAVING GRACE EVERYTIME I THOUGHT OF JUMPING THAT FENCE TO FREEDOM SEEING THE AIRPLANES FLYING IN ALL DAY MADE IT EASY TO STAY IN THE CORP. SURE MADE THE YELLING THAT MUCH MORE BEARABLE, NOT TO MENTION I'VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING MORE PHYSICAL IN MY LIFE TO THIS DAY!!!!!! SEMPER FI BROTHERS AND SISTERS....... OOH RAH SEMPER FI, DO OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by ECHO 3 BRAVO View Post
    PLT 3082 "MIKE" CO. AUGUST-NOVEMBER 1985 SANDIEGO "Hollywood marine" OOH RAH!!!! thank goodness we had no sand fleas.
    SR.DI...... SSGT WEIN
    JR.DI...... SSGT RIVERA
    ............ SGT NOWAK
    ............ SGT MIMS
    TAN, SUN-N-SURF (albeit from a distance) BOY THAT AIRPORT WAS A SAVING GRACE EVERYTIME I THOUGHT OF JUMPING THAT FENCE TO FREEDOM SEEING THE AIRPLANES FLYING IN ALL DAY MADE IT EASY TO STAY IN THE CORP. SURE MADE THE YELLING THAT MUCH MORE BEARABLE, NOT TO MENTION I'VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING MORE PHYSICAL IN MY LIFE TO THIS DAY!!!!!! SEMPER FI BROTHERS AND SISTERS....... OOH RAH SEMPER FI, DO OR DIE

Parris Island, 2002, 3rdBN, India Company, Platoon 3074.

i started at Parris Island as a boot in 1948 and i ended up at Parris Island as a D I and got out honorably i November 7.1952
    joe kreuz

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Parris Island, 2002, 3rdBN, India Company, Platoon 3074.
    Kilgore Trout? You aren't, by chance, from Kilgore, TX, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    Kilgore Trout? You aren't, by chance, from Kilgore, TX, are you?
    Sorry sir, Kilgore Trout is a name of a character in Breakfast of Champions.

usmc san diego

cpl schrand
    went to mcrd san diego sept 65
    loved every minute of it
    plt 195

Talking Hollywood Marine here !

Inductee on April 7th , 1969

boot camp at San Diego

, plt. 1067 ,

Was not the best Marine recruit but did survive to graduate ( I guess as I was still there ) was still a private with really low pro/con marks

Rarely tell civilians of my fun time there , as they would just think that I was some kind of nut case then and recommend a shrink !

Thread Information