Sound Off - Where did you go to Boot Camp? - Page 75
Create Post
Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1450
    MCRD Parris Island.

Boot camp

San Diego,'Hollywood",2072,1978. Ssgt Ross,Sgt Long, Sgt Huston,Sgt Olmos. "Get in the PIT! squat thrust,jumping jacks,Get out of the PIT!!,Get in the PIT!!! push ups,jumping jacks Get out of the PIT!!!!! DI;" I can't keep you in the pit to long with out a break...one thousand 1,one thousand two,one thousand three.........Get in the PIT...................

Quote Originally Posted by CplFly View Post
    San Diego,'Hollywood",2072,1978. Ssgt Ross,Sgt Long, Sgt Huston,Sgt Olmos. "Get in the PIT! squat thrust,jumping jacks,Get out of the PIT!!,Get in the PIT!!! push ups,jumping jacks Get out of the PIT!!!!! DI;" I can't keep you in the pit to long with out a break...one thousand 1,one thousand two,one thousand three.........Get in the PIT...................
    We took rifle range,SSGT Ross's first. No KP or Guard!![I think drill too?] WE did I think Garbage police/maintance[?] it was the best out of the three! Second highest in series on the range,231.[228,229 other years] That was the best for me!!! I LIKE weapons,I still thing back on the training now. When I teach people how to shoot[for fun,trying to change opinions on weapons ie:shooting Sport!!] Breathing control,Trigger control."BRASS". My range instructor ,Sgt Olson. I still have my range book and look at the note's in the back. I could not wait to get my hands on the M-16. I can't get into a real good sitting or knelling anymore but I do my best[bad back]. If I have to I can still do it. " I hear Jarheads can shoot!??.... I suck it up!! Breather ,release[halfway],sight,squeeze,spot[brass] Works every time........... ............

Parris Island
    Platoon 2A, Woman Recruit
    Feb - April 1976

GySgt Simmons
    GySgt Behr
    Sgt Juliano
    Sgt Walton

MCRDPI
    3rd Btn
    Quebec Company plt. 3090
    Grad Oct 23rd 2009
    SDI SSGT Sheets, DI Sgt Roman, DI Sgt Casimir, DI Sgt Espinoza, DI GySgt Townsend.

5 drill instructors for 55 recruits. WOW!

Parris Island South Carolina
    Plt. 3080 3rd RTBn Kilo Co.
    July-October 2002

Boooooot

Parris Island 1985
    3097 H Company.

Credits
    Savings

Dark Green v Light Green

Quote Originally Posted by wrbones View Post
    Platoon 1083 July-Oct 76. 13 weeks (give or take a day or two). Our platoon got all but two of their "awards", setting two Regimental records in the process. S/Sgt Knox became "Series Gunny" near the end of 2nd phase. Asst.DI was Tai Kwon Do champ of the base. Don't remember his name right now. Stocky dark green Marine. D.I. Sgt McCarthy was a little red-headed grunt. Tough as nails red neck. Co-owned a VW with another DI. DI sgt Pennypacker was transferred over from a sister platoon during third phase. Tried to break us fer whipping his first platoon all thru boot. Finally gave up and walked away laughing that Friday night. Our first jubior DI walked into the gear locker with a 6'5" fat body the first week of 1st phase. Sounded like a tornado for a couple minutes, then got real quiet. DI staggered out, leaned against the door post, and had one of the recruits go get help. Never saw either the fat body or the junior DI again. Never did remember his name.
    There is no such thing as Dark Green or Light Green Marine Just Marine
    Semper Fi
    jat0231

I have to say i was a Hollywood Marine, San diego 1985

MCRD SD, 1968, Plt 2006
    GSgt Ortiz
    SSgt Sigman
    Sgt Dukes

PI, May 19 to Aug 6 1954 2ed bn DI was Sgt Flynn.

Platoon 1062

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot-Suit View Post
    Platoon 1062 Parris Island Alpha Co. Nov. 7, 1995 - Jan. 26, 1996
    Hi,

This is Nguyen. Can you contact me? Do you have a copy of our graduation books? OUr SDI is SSgT McGonnell, SGT Johnson, Sgt Hainey and SSgt Bass.

Hi Thompson, I think I served with you at MCRD San Diego, 2114

Hi Thompson, I think I served with you at MCRD San Diego, 2114

Quote Originally Posted by hthomp View Post
    Platoon 2114, Golf Company
    2nd Recruit Training Batallion
    Recruit Training Regiment
    MCRD San Diego

16 Nov 1987 - 5 Feb 1988

Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Johnson
    Staff Sergeant Turner
    Staff Sergeant Tom Minder (who is Recon Marine MSgt Tom Minder on the
    Military Channel's program "Special Ops Mission")

MCRD San Diego 17 June 1987 to 4 September 1987
    Sgt Smith SDI
    Sgt Compuzano DI
    Sgt Gonzalez DI
    SSgt Too DI (temporary, moved to 3064)

Thread Information