Sound Off - Where did you go to Boot Camp? - Page 67
Create Post
Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1450
    San Diego.

PI, PLT 1031 laundry # 67 (I was born 10-31-67)
    SDI Gunny Prado
    DI Sgt Ortiz
    DI Sgt Black
    Graduated April 8th 1986

PISC Plt 1087 Oct 1983
    SDI SSgt Nowlin
    DI Sgt Campbell
    DI Cpl Green

Quote Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    MCRD PISC. 1073 D CO and 2085 G CO. Got dropped when somebody killed them self on the range.

MCRD 2063 F Co

Almost the same happen with my PLT. It was my rackmate or bunkmate. Whatever they call it now. He told me he could not take it anymore. Funny thing was that he looked like Napoleon Dynamite. They took him out of the range and sent him home.

Dave Bombard SR

Boot Camp June 1979 San Diego, Platoon 1040, DI's- SGT Auburn, CPL Creighton, Senior DI- Gunny Santos. 3rd phase we had SGT Ruweedle, mean MF, and new Senior DI. I have to pull my grad book out of the attic to get the spelling and Senior's name in 3rd phase. The most grulling affect for me was I was never fired as a Squad Leader from day 1 / T-1, and paid dearly for 4th sqaud mistakes all thru boot. Also, the Guide was never fired, his name was Curry. However, it made me a better person and I remember all that happened as if it was yesterday. My son is now a SSGT in the Security Element Group. When he went to boot in San diego, he told me that MT Mother F..... is no longer a requirement. They simply pass by it and the DI's tell stories of PVT's dying on the MT. Things have really changed. I remember doing everything in 72 days, now they go to boot and then back to Pendleton to do the stuff we did in boot in 72 days.
    One thing I remember was all the Platoon f...... up and all the squad leaders and guide were marched to the pit and make it rain (bends and thrust, grabbing red dirt on the way up and throwing it in the air). That was after we just ran 7 miles in combat boots (which now they run in tennis shoes) over to the Navy boot camp fence line. Maybe that's why my knees are shot? Sure would like to her from some of the guys, or have a reunion of some kind.

dbombardSR

A couple of guys I remember from 79' San Diego Boot in Platoon 1040 is Curry, Talbert, Eloy Hernandez, and one that the DI's really went after was Lamanski. I remember he got dip in the mail and they made him put it all in his moth and PT'd him in the squad bay until he got sick. Also, someone got hoggy bait (cookies) in the mail. The DI's threw them in the trash, but when lights went out, we all went and got them out and ate them. Boy, what great memories. DI CPL Creighton tasked me with stealing yougurt from the chow hall at the range. One day, I forgot to get him a spoon and paid dearly for that occurance too. I believe our Shooting Instructor was SSGT Coward, that was Ironic, just like the Gunny at the Airport putting us on the buss was SSGT Nice. Those were the days. If the Corps would let me, I would volunteer for Afghanistan, since our so called Commander-in-Cheif doesn't have any balls, so Marines are dying while he makes a decision as well as the ROE's in country. A loud speaker saying here we come, so all you bad guys have a chance to run and hide. What the hell? then, all the rest of the bull going on in DC is unbelievable. It makes me want to gather some volunteer ole timer Marines, take our own weapons, and go to Afghanistan to help out these Marines. Even if I have to sit on a ridge with a 50 cal and pluck away to save some Marines.

dbombardSR

[quote=dbombardSR;591525]Boot Camp June 1979 San Diego, Platoon 1040, DI's- SGT Auburn, CPL Creighton, Senior DI- Gunny Santos. 3rd phase we had SGT Ruweedle, mean MF, and new Senior DI. I have to pull my grad book out of the attic to get the spelling and Senior's name in 3rd phase. The most grulling affect for me was I was never fired as a Squad Leader from day 1 / T-1, and paid dearly for 4th sqaud mistakes all thru boot. Also, the Guide was never fired, his name was Curry. However, it made me a better person and I remember all that happened as if it was yesterday. My son is now a SSGT in the Security Element Group. When he went to boot in San diego, he told me that MT Mother F..... is no longer a requirement. They simply pass by it and the DI's tell stories of PVT's dying on the MT. Things have really changed. I remember doing everything in 72 days, now they go to boot and then back to Pendleton to do the stuff we did in boot in 72 days.
    One thing I remember was all the Platoon f...... up and all the squad leaders and guide were marched to the pit and make it rain (bends and thrust, grabbing red dirt on the way up and throwing it in the air). That was after we just ran 7 miles in combat boots (which now they run in tennis shoes) over to the Navy boot camp fence line. Maybe that's why my knees are shot? Sure would like to her from some of the guys, or have a reunion of some kind.
    Also, wait to see how Obama reacts to all these professional killers coming home to no job and more corruption than in Afghanistan's Government. There's going to be some ****ed off Marines, and you know how that could end.

dbombardSR

79' Platoon 1040, San Diego, CA Anyone that wants to get ahold of me on my post can email me at dbombard@hotmail.com

finally

Quote Originally Posted by mikedunlap View Post
    FOR THE ENTIRE DAY OF MAY 6, 1976, I WAS THE YOUNGEST MARINE THE CORPS. IT WAS MY 17TH BIRTHDAY AS I STOOD ON THE YELLOW FOOTPRINTS
    at last someone who was there at the same time.
    got off the bus 5/28,picked up 6/4(what a week)
    PLT 3056.grad 8/20/76

dbombardSR / Killataliban

Quote Originally Posted by crueltiming View Post
    at last someone who was there at the same time.
    got off the bus 5/28,picked up 6/4(what a week)
    PLT 3056.grad 8/20/76
    You went in a few years earlier than I did, but most likely had some of the same type DI's, just coming out of Vietnam. They were some mean MF's. We may have crossed paths a few times, because of all the Duty Stations they were having me check into for cover of another place / in another country they were sending me. stay in touch dbombard@hotmail.com

30 Aug 1971 - 13 Dec 1971
    Platoon 296
    MCRD Parris Island

dbombardSR / Killataliban

Several years after you. Went into delayed entry in 78 / June 01, 79' went to boot @ MCRD San Diego. Platoon 1040. If you want to stay in touch about anything, it is best at my personal email dbombard@hotmail.com Semper Fi Brother!

This site is pretty cool for all the ole timers to riminise. It may take our experiences and skills to take back our Country. I have wrote, called, and voiced my opinion to politicians as well as posted on other sites. We are loosing our freedoms we fought for. I am ready to take action now, because Uncle Sam isn't listening to American's and doing whatever they want. I am sick of it. Time for action! It seems that most American's are curling up into the fetal position and scarred to do anything about the DC bullsh.. If you feel the same, voice your opinion on my personal site, so I know I am not alone. Semper Fi Brothers! dbombard@hotmail.com

OH, and big brother, if you are putting me on a watch list for my internet opinions about your corruption and due to your political agenda's not sending my Marine brothers help in Afghanistan when they asked for it and was dying due to your bullsh.. ROE's, I welcome you to do so. In other words bring it. I am sick of Marines dying and you saying the Afghan Government is corrupt? you need to look in the mirror.

Convulsive
    Guest Free Member
    MCRDPI
    3rd Bn M Co
    Plt 3002 3rd deck lead
    SDI- SSgt Wright
    DI- Sgt Wilson
    DI- SSgt Mercier
    DI- Sgt Hardy

January 8th, 2010

Parris Island, S.C. Sept.11, 1959. Plt.13A, senior DI GySgt.M.A.Sabourin, Sgt.C.Lucas,Cpl.E.M.Gonzales. One male DI S.Sgt.P.J.Smith, he drilled us on and on, one day he drilled us into the grass. He was mad, he said we were drilling like a bunch of cows, so we belonged there. Graduated on Oct 23rd. 1959.

Thread Information