Sound Off - Where did you go to Boot Camp? - Page 58
Create Post
Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Paris Island,
    Platoon 484, May 1942

WOW Welcome aboard Sarge.

Impressive profile, WW II, Midway & Okinawa and I thought that I was old. I was just learning to craw then.

Great Lakes, Illinois, 1967-8.

Platoon 363 July - September, 1960 Parris Island
    S/DI S/Sgt Metten
    DI SGT Freeman
    DI SGT Williams

These men turned this 17 year-old kid into a Marine and taught me lessons I still use today. I am proud to have known them! I would give anything to shake their hands and say "Thank you".

MCRDSD Plt 350 SDI SSgt Secunda
    14JUN54 - 14JUN56
    Still proud to be a Marine

4th BN - K Co. - PLT 4016 - Parris Island
    7 April 1988 to 20 June 1988
    SDI - SGT Yeampierre
    DI - SGT Wyatt
    DI - CPL Walkner

Parris Island S.C. Plt 13A Sept 11 1959-Oct 23rd 1959 MCRD DI's GySgt.M.A.Sabourin, SgtC.Lucas, Cpl.EM Gonzales Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Hays View Post
    Parris Island S.C. Plt 13A Sept 11 1959-Oct 23rd 1959 MCRD DI's GySgt.M.A.Sabourin, SgtC.Lucas, Cpl.EM Gonzales Semper Fi Sheila Hays
    Ms Sheila also requested to come to SD and go to boot with me, but was turned down. Us Hollywood, bronze and buffed Marines were too much for her.

Love you Ms Sheila.

Big Al, I want to thank you for putting my naked body on your profile. About bootcamp, there was no choice and if I did end up being in your platoon, I would have ended up in the brig. I ended up at MCRD after all, I went from Parris Island to San Diego. In between my leave time in Massachusetts, Watertown to be exact. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Credits
    Savings
    Big Al, I want to thank you for putting my naked body on your profile. About bootcamp, there was no choice and if I did end up being in your platoon, I would have ended up in the brig. I ended up at MCRD after all, I went from Parris Island to San Diego. In between my leave time in Massachusetts, Watertown to be exact. Semper Fi Sheila Hays
    Sheila, your pix is all I have these days. The rest is such a blur of memory, however sweet.

Oh yeah, I'm still looking for that friend of mine, last known address was Riverside.

Where Did You Do Your Boot

Big Al, I noticed on your list of friends, you have removed me as a friend. I really enjoyed being your friend, because you are so outgoing and we are the same rank. What was your friends name? Where in Riverside does he live. I tried looking in San Diego the last time you asked. I live by Tyler Mall. I'll look for your friend. Semper Fi Sheila Hays.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hays I bet BigA didn't remove you its probably a mistake. No one would remove a body like yours that posed for his profile picture. Ha Ha
    That was a good one you posted the other day.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Sound-off where did you do your boot?

Redman1, I can't remember which thing I replied to, probably the frogs. I went to boot camp at Parris Island S.C., what a shocker that was. I'm from Massachusetts, and here I was in S.C., no-one showed up for quite a while, so we had time for breakfast. Eventually two MP's came along, lined us up and we got on a bus. We met our DI's in Parris Island, I was now a member of Platoon 13A, I had four DI's. I forgot about SSgt Smith, he was the only male species we saw for quite a time. GySgt.Sabourin, Sgt.Lucas and Cpl. Gonzales, how lucky was I. Graduated on Oct.23rd. 1959, don't even think I was getting off that Island. I had four weeks schooling, Office Procedures Course. What is so funny was my recruiter wrote me a letter, she was wondering if she forgot to tell me a lot about bootcamp. Well duh, I was in my third week of bootcamp. Her name was Marjorie, she was a nice person. Yes, I don't think Big Al did that, saying he didn't want me for a friend. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Women Marine at P.I

Do you remeber a WM by the name of Barbara Faye Coggin? She was there at that time, I was in S Co.3rd, Batt. Plt. 348. and I graduated in Nov.of 59. we were involved in cleanup from a storm in Beaufort and was 3 weeks late getting out of P,I, Barbara and I dated after we got to Camp LeJuene,
    Redman1, I can't remember which thing I replied to, probably the frogs. I went to boot camp at Parris Island S.C., what a shocker that was. I'm from Massachusetts, and here I was in S.C., no-one showed up for quite a while, so we had time for breakfast. Eventually two MP's came along, lined us up and we got on a bus. We met our DI's in Parris Island, I was now a member of Platoon 13A, I had four DI's. I forgot about SSgt Smith, he was the only male species we saw for quite a time. GySgt.Sabourin, Sgt.Lucas and Cpl. Gonzales, how lucky was I. Graduated on Oct.23rd. 1959, don't even think I was getting off that Island. I had four weeks schooling, Office Procedures Course. What is so funny was my recruiter wrote me a letter, she was wondering if she forgot to tell me a lot about bootcamp. Well duh, I was in my third week of bootcamp. Her name was Marjorie, she was a nice person. Yes, I don't think Big Al did that, saying he didn't want me for a friend. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Tom Pemberton

I'm sorry I didn't know a Barbara Coggin. There were so many recruits going thru Parris Island at that time. I believe we had six or eight squadbays full. I was Plt 13A. We never spoke to anyone in the other plt's. Sorry. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Thread Information