Images

Where did you do your boot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead008 View Post
    San Diego, Charlie Co. Plt 1050 graduated Jan 5, 2007

SDI: Ssgt Glenn (later Ssgt Spears)
    DI: Sgt Chacon (later Sgt Haglund)
    DI: Sgt Lopez (later Sgt Reed)
    DI:Sgt Wiggins

My original SDI and two of my Junior DI's were replaced because some of us recruits got "hit".
    Pussy's, DI's replaced? Get a grip. If the maggots wanted to be treated like sissy's they should have joined the Army Dogs.
    That's the reason I got out in 72 because you couldn't discipline anyone except with a smile.
    I even had some moms call there Congressman on me because of what I did to some maggots while inspection of my platoon.
    Not at all like the Corps I sign to join
    Hell I got knocked around by three DI's at one time but I didn't say anything. I was talking going down the ladder-well going to formation.
    I didn't do that anymore.
    I didn't mind, I just thought it was part of PI training. Taught me a lesson.
    We also did several blanket parties on some ass holes.
    Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are
    Semper Fi Redman1

I enlisted in 1952 and went to USMCSD. It was told to us recruits That we had to
    follow orders. No one in Korea wanted someone who could not do so. Their life
    depended on it. If you did as you were told it was OK, if you didn't you got kicked,
    punched and a few other things done to you. I know because I looked up the 1st.
    week at a plane passing over the parade field and got whacked with my rifle at rightshoulder arms. One dude got caught smoking and had to put his bucked over his head and smoke. We learned to take orders and didn't dare not to. Wouldn't trade that experience for all gold in the world. RoyTBowDoe

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You said it Roy,
    We had one of the recruits in my platoon at the rifle range forget to put his cartage key between the bolt and the action to show the rifle was clear and safe.
    Our DI took the recruits M-14 and cocked it on his scalp several times and the blood ran down his cheeks. He never forgot again and we didn't either.
    HUU RAW The good old days!!!!
    Semper Fi Redman1

Playing Games

There were so many games played in platoon 226 - spring of 69 at the Island. The DI's always had a reason for special activities after a day of training - there was always a maggot that didn't do it right - did any ever play jute box?
    One side of the squad bay were the letters, and the other were the numbers. The biggest screw-up maggot was the reject button.
    SDI would chose a letter and number - DI's would punch the buttons - we had to sing - he never liked the song so - the reject button was PUNCHED !!

We learned quicky - "SIR YES SIR" and did what ever it took!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    CZINDMS.....FEB. 69, to SEPT. of 70'?? SARGENT, in 19 months? What was your MOS, while in Viet Nam?......AND, why did you leave The Corps, after only 19 months? WOUNDED? ANY Ribbons awarded? If I'm WRONG.....I APOLOGIZE, BUT....your Profile, has a BAD SMELL! While "in country", what Company, Batallion, Regiment, and Division, were you with......and WHO was your Company C.O.???

Need to make your Service History MORE CLEAR.....PLEASE!......DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Where did you do your Boot?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    CZINDMS.....FEB. 69, to SEPT. of 70'?? SARGENT, in 19 months? What was your MOS, while in Viet Nam?......AND, why did you leave The Corps, after only 19 months? WOUNDED? ANY Ribbons awarded? If I'm WRONG.....I APOLOGIZE, BUT....your Profile, has a BAD SMELL! While "in country", what Company, Batallion, Regiment, and Division, were you with......and WHO was your Company C.O.???

Need to make your Service History MORE CLEAR.....PLEASE!......DOC
    Same here, CZINDMS nothing makes since.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Doc, Redman, I asked the same question only I miscounted the months. Thought it was a year, not 19 months. If you go to my or his profile page he sent me a message about his service. You can read it there. SF

Redman and DocGreek aka Buddy and John (Thanks to you too Bob)

I've included the message I sent to Bob FYI. To answer a couple of your questions I didn't point out in the message to Bob - I recieved orders for CAG in DaNang but was pulled and sent to special services support at Camp Horn - across the river from the Air Force base in DaNang. Worked with that group until Major General George Bowman needed a driver and staff member - I was transferred to LtGen McKutcheson (Commanding General I Corps) and General Bowman's (Deputy Commanding General I Corps) staff until Gen. Bowman rotated back to command Camp Pendleton. I transferred from Camp Horn to a base just north of DaNang working with classified documents. I was drafted for a 2 year hitch out of Clemson University so I qualified for an early release called a "college cut" in time for the Spring semester of 1971. I reached each rank by having my "ass and head wired together" and a high degree of motivation and dedication to the Corps. Never had it questioned !!

MOS was 0311 and damn proud of it!

Sgt DS'ville
    Clemson

Sure Bob - I was drafted 12 Feb 69 - boot camp at the Island at that time was 13 weeks, guess because of the nature of the USMC need in WestPac. I was promoted to PFC out of boot camp and headed to AIT at Camp Geiger. Was placed on an OCS hold as I was told by our Lt because I had an IQ with 3 numbers and a little college. The Commandant sent West Pac orders out for an 0311 Lance Corporal or below and I was the only one available. Left for jungle warfare school Camp Pendleton in December 69 as E-3. Landed in DaNang for assignment and made E-4 some time in the spring of 70. My DD 214 shows my date of rank E-5 as 17 Sept 70. I was in service from Feb 69 to Nov 70 - that's not nine months -
    Semper
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by czindms View Post
    Redman and DocGreek aka Buddy and John (Thanks to you too Bob)

I've included the message I sent to Bob FYI. To answer a couple of your questions I didn't point out in the message to Bob - I recieved orders for CAG in DaNang but was pulled and sent to special services support at Camp Horn - across the river from the Air Force base in DaNang. Worked with that group until Major General George Bowman needed a driver and staff member - I was transferred to LtGen McKutcheson (Commanding General I Corps) and General Bowman's (Deputy Commanding General I Corps) staff until Gen. Bowman rotated back to command Camp Pendleton. I transferred from Camp Horn to a base just north of DaNang working with classified documents. I was drafted for a 2 year hitch out of Clemson University so I qualified for an early release called a "college cut" in time for the Spring semester of 1971. I reached each rank by having my "ass and head wired together" and a high degree of motivation and dedication to the Corps. Never had it questioned !!

MOS was 0311 and damn proud of it!

Sgt DS'ville
    Clemson

Sure Bob - I was drafted 12 Feb 69 - boot camp at the Island at that time was 13 weeks, guess because of the nature of the USMC need in WestPac. I was promoted to PFC out of boot camp and headed to AIT at Camp Geiger. Was placed on an OCS hold as I was told by our Lt because I had an IQ with 3 numbers and a little college. The Commandant sent West Pac orders out for an 0311 Lance Corporal or below and I was the only one available. Left for jungle warfare school Camp Pendleton in December 69 as E-3. Landed in DaNang for assignment and made E-4 some time in the spring of 70. My DD 214 shows my date of rank E-5 as 17 Sept 70. I was in service from Feb 69 to Nov 70 - that's not nine months -
    Semper
    Dennis

10. Don't take it personal. We tend to guard this site like a pack of pitbulls. Can't and won't tollerate posers, or wannabes. That's why we get so insistant about filled out profiles. We have enough Marines who have knowledge of just about all aspects of the Marine Corps that we can usually expose fakes. And quite a few of us feel that to not fill out a profile is a red flag. SF

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    BOOT??...U.S.N.T.C., San Diego, Ca......WHO GIVES A BIG DUMP??....DOC

paris island 2069 graduated july 27, 1990
    ssgt domagas sdi
    ssgt merunka di
    sgt neal di

boot camp

iwent to boot in sept 1987 paris island marine plt 1094 oooh rahh

where did you do your boot

Parris Island,S.C. 3)5)61 S)Sgts, Hall,Neil and Price,Plt.313,3rd recuit traning Bn.,SEMPER FI

MCRD San Diego
    2nd Bn. Echo Co.
    Plt. 2107
    graduated 09/05/1997

Thread Information