Sound Off - Where did you go to Boot Camp? - Page 53
Create Post
Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Paris Island Swamp Funk& Sand Fleas Oooh Rah SEP 86

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYK11 View Post
    Paris Island Swamp Funk& Sand Fleas Oooh Rah SEP 86
    Welcome aboard the best site on the web. Belly up to the bar, have a beer, fill out your profile and get addicted to the BS. SF

Parris Island august 1st -october 27th 3rd Bn L co Plat 3090 SDI Sgt Mccloskey, DI Sgt Gamezrickli, DI Sgt Rosseti

MCRD San Diego May-July '86
    SDI SSGT Johnson
    DI SSGT Nichols
    DI SSGT Buffington

Parris Island
    June 25 - Sept 10 '93
    A Company, 1074

SDI - Sgt Pelley
    DI - Sgt Bednarcik (evil little bastard)
    DI - Sgt Pendergraph (funny guy but it bit us in the ass when we laughed)

I want to say I remember a 4th DI, but I think he got relieved early on...

Quote Originally Posted by LCPL ROBINSON View Post
    I went to Boot Camp August of 1987, MCRD Parris Island, and to this day it was the best experience of my life..next to my children being born... some guys I still hate...some I miss alot...., but the thing I remember most is that we took

Final Drill
    Testing
    Riffle Range.....

My bunk mate was a dude named Johnson...A good guy If I fought he fought....but we became friends..had a buddy named Lyod, from Delaware....overall some reall good guys...their was Little and Ishmial from SC..and then there was Howe from OH, why do guys from Ohio and Ny think they are tough, and then can't fight..

SDI Sgt Harley..then SSgt Archacavets
    Sgt Tanksley(BADDEST DUDE I EVER MET)
    Sgt Montesdioca
    Sgt Lovley(PIMP) could sing his lungs out
    Platoon 2085..I miss you guys..and my boy Zisel, and Russo from NY I hope ya read this would be great to hear form ya...and Big bad Sullivan
    How can you forget Harrison from New Jersey our Boot camp experience was out of this world remember ICT and eating late night out the dumpsters cause they wouldn't let us finish a full meal enough for now good to see you're still breathing!!!

Paris Island Aug. 11, 1987 Boot Camp Plt. 2085 Sound off

Looking for everybody even the snitches they know who they are that was real USMC training and yall got scared. Enough to tell on Drill Instructor Sgt. Tanksley dont act like yall dont remember the court martial back in Paris Island S.C. Well got to be respectful ooh rahh to my real bros. from way back miss yall. Thats right we won final drill, Pft, testing and riffle range thanks to Sgt. Tanksley's will to drill @ all times in the rain @ chow hall whenever where ever yall know peace to all just keeping it real because thats what will always be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Looking for everybody even the snitches they know who they are that was real USMC training and yall got scared. Enough to tell on Drill Instructor Sgt. Tanksley dont act like yall dont remember the court martial back in Paris Island S.C. Well got to be respectful ooh rahh to my real bros. from way back miss yall. Thats right we won final drill, Pft, testing and riffle range thanks to Sgt. Tanksley's will to drill @ all times in the rain @ chow hall whenever where ever yall know peace to all just keeping it real because thats what will always be!!!
    Ya wanna fill out your profile??

Parris Island

Home of black flag heat & sand flees yuck. I feel for yall that did boot camp in SD i heard about those mountains. Dont sleep on the swamp infested Island we gotta watch out for gators and snakes ooh rah!!!

During my junior year at Clemson University - February 1969, I was drafted and sent to Fort Jackson in Columbia SC. The Army said they weren't going to induct me because my eyes were too weak - One of every 20 draftees were being inducted to the Corps. A 7 foot 400 pound bald headed gunny with a chisled stone face dressed in his recruiter blues said "that didn't mean anything to the Corps" - "we'll point you in the right direction and you just pull the trigger". We left Columbia for the short drive to PI about midnight arriving at the yellow footsteps about 2 AM. The bus door opened and the Devil's bastard child introduced himself. So it began for me in platoon 226 that cold February night.

We were stripped and given a pair of skivvies - marked on our left sholders with a black magic marker (226) and the rebirth began -

So much to tell - I'll continue

MCRD SD PLT# 1034 Follow Series
    SDI SSGT Martinez
    DI SSGT Flores
    DI SGT Guerramarquez
    DI SGT Rushing
    DI SGT Cumberbatch

Get on my quarterdeck!!!! Puuuush!!!

San Diego, Charlie Co. Plt 1050 graduated Jan 5, 2007

SDI: Ssgt Glenn (later Ssgt Spears)
    DI: Sgt Chacon (later Sgt Haglund)
    DI: Sgt Lopez (later Sgt Reed)
    DI:Sgt Wiggins

My original SDI and two of my Junior DI's were replaced because some of us recruits got "hit".

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead008 View Post

My original SDI and two of my Junior DI's were replaced because some of us recruits got "hit".
    Who rat them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead008 View Post

You gotta be sh-ting me!! Who narced them off?? And did he get a blanket party as a thankyou?? If he didn't get one he shoulda.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    You gotta be sh-ting me!! Who narced them off?? And did he get a blanket party as a thankyou?? If he didn't get one he shoulda.
    boy your right!!

Thread Information