Sound Off - Where did you go to Boot Camp? - Page 25
Create Post
Page 25 of 97 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    wENT THROUGH A LOT OF SAND BUT NEVER HAD ANY FLEES. HAD OUT SHARE OF BUG THOUGH. MOSTLY GOT TO SEE THEM AT THE SHOWER. BIG OLD ROACHES. THAT WAS AT THE QUANCENT HUTS. IT WAS LIKE 32 DEGREES AT NIGHT AND 110 DAYS. WHAT FUN WE HAD!!!!!!!! WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ALL THE TEA IN CHINA.

SEMPER FI MARINE

PI no hollywood Marine here!!

MCRD San Diego
    Plt 357
    Jun 1960-Aug 1960
    SDI- SSG Winters
    DI- Sgt Freeman
    DI- Sgt Weller
    Remember the Ice Plants and Quanset Huts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Browell
    PI no hollywood Marine here!!
    We HOLLYWOOD MARINES, we are cool. Us in our cheap sun grasses. We also had our share of bugs too. Glad you had the sand flees. All we had was CHEAP SUN GLASSES.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by loumueller
    MCRD San Diego
    Plt 357
    Jun 1960-Aug 1960
    SDI- SSG Winters
    DI- Sgt Freeman
    DI- Sgt Weller
    Remember the Ice Plants and Quanset Huts.
    What about the sandbox, next to the ice plants???? Spent a little time in the sandbox doing pushups and squat throusts. What Fun We Had.

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can,t beleive you did not have any sand fleas bite you,little blood sucker would get in and behind your ears ,on your neck.don,t you dare touch them.DI would let you slap the recurit in front of youto get them off.If you killed one and got caught you had to bury it ,if yuo did not know the sex of it you had to dig it back up,if you could find it,DI games hahahaha.

I was sent from Oregon to San Diego yet my father who joined in the early 50's also from Oregon was sent to Paris Island, nutty huh?

I just got the scoop on my pops after all these years and he says he did not go to Paris Island, he was attending OCS, Quantico. Wether he completed training or not i didn't ask but apparently he had a two year agreement written somewhere on paper and they said in order to be commisioned an officer he would have to extend 4 years. Well my old man has always had timelines and he said no. So he remained at Quantico and served the rest of his two years as admin. I just assumed he went to Paris Island because he occasionaly joked about Hollywood and his old uniforms had stripes.

---->Dave

yea but you couldnt swat them because you got to eat now it was there turn

Parris Island here, back in 1977

Doesn't matter where you pulled boot-watch this if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.yellowribbongreetings.us/farewellmarine.html

Sd, Platoon 1018 "echo" 4/18/93
    Sdi Gyst Saulsberry
    Di Ssgt Vielma
    Di Gyst Reyes
    Di Gysgt Jones

I Agree With Most, Doesnt Matter If It Was Hollywood Or Sand Fleas, Other Than The Birth Of My Kids, Being A Marine Has Been One Of The Most Important Things I Feel I Have Ever Done.

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks Wader,,,, I will no longer argue on this thread. Carry on.

shout out to Marines Paris Island July 1976-October 1976, Platoon 367 . right out of high school, foreever changed. Sgt. Nichols 1982, Eltoro Marine Base. 8th Engineers Camp LejuenneN.C.

Paris Island Yamasee S.c. Depot

I Went Through Boot Camp Feb 1963 Paris Island
    Ssgt Haskel
    Sgt Navaro
    Corporal Markam
    But Cannot Remember The Platoon Etc.
    I joined on the Buddy plan with my friend Last name Herndon- haven't seen him since.
    So much for the recruiters in Miami
    Corporal Marvin Maddox
    1963-67

Thread Information